500mA Linear Regulator
The MP8904 is a low-current, low-dropout, linear regulator that operates on a single 2.5V-to-6.5V input supply. An external resistor controls the output voltage. The MP8904 can supply up to 500mA of load current. The enable pin (EN) allows the part to enter a low-current shutdown mode (EN=0). The MP8904 features thermal overload and current limit protection. It is available in an 8-pin QFN (2x3mm) package.
- Power-Good Open Collector Output
- Operates from a 2.5V-to-6.5V Input
- Low 300mV Dropout at 500mA Output
- Stable with Very Small Ceramic Capacitors
- 2% Feedback Reference
- Adjustable Output Voltage from 0.5V to 5V
- Better than 0.001%/mA Load Regulation
- Stable with Low-ESR Output Capacitor
- Low 100μA Ground Current
- Internal Thermal Protection
- Current Limit Protection
- 6µA Typical Quiescent Current at Shutdown
- Vdropout (mV)300 (IO:500mA)
- Special FeaturesCurrent Limiting, Power Good
- PackageQFN-8 (2x3)
- Vout (min) (V)0.5
- Vout (max) (V)5
- PSRR @ 1kHz (dB)65
- Iq (typ) (µA)100
- Iout (mA)500
- Vin (max) (V)6.5
- Vin (min) (V)2.5
Low Input Voltage 500mA Linear Regulator EV Board
The EV8904DD-00A evaluation board demonstrates the performance of MP8904, a monolithic low-current, low-dropout LDO linear regulator. It operates from a 2.5V to 6.5V input bias voltage and regulates the output voltage from as low as 0.5V.
It requires a bias supply (2.5V to 6.5V) separate from VIN to run the internal reference and LDO drive circuitry. The output current comes directly from the input voltage supply for high efficiency regulation. The 0.5V internal reference voltage allows the output to be programmed to a range of 0.5V to 5V.
The EV8904DD-00A provides thermal overload and current limit protection. The MP8904 is available in an 8-pin QFN (2mm x 3mm) package.
￥2,716.25 + tax