- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
- Technical Forum
- Step-down (Buck)
16V, 20A, Sync, Step-Down Converter with Adjustable Current Limit, Programmable Frequency, and Voltage Tracking
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MPQ8634B is a fully integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, buck converter. The MPQ8634B offers a very compact solution that achieves up to 20A output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range. The MPQ8634B operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range.
The MPQ8634B adopts an internally compensated constant-on-time (COT) control mode that provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
The operating frequency can be set to 600kHz, 800kHz, or 1000kHz easily with MODE configuration, allowing the MPQ8634B’s frequency to remain constant regardless of the input/output voltages.
The output voltage start-up ramp is controlled by an internal 1.5ms timer. It can be increased by adding a capacitor on TRK/REF. An open-drain power good (PGOOD) signal indicates when the output is within its nominal voltage range. PGOOD is clamped at around 0.7V with an external pull-up voltage when the input supply fails to power the MPQ8634B.
Fully integrated protection features include over-current protection (OCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and over-temperature protection (OTP).
The MPQ8634B requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-21 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Wide Input Voltage Range:
- 2.85V to 16V with External 3.3V VCC Bias
- 4V to 16V with Internal VCC Bias or External 3.3V VCC Bias
- Differential Output Voltage Remote Sense
- Programmable Accurate Current Limit Level
- 20A Output Current
- Low RDS(ON) Integrated Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Adaptive COT for Ultrafast Transient Response
- Stable with Zero ESR Output Capacitor
- 0.5% Reference Voltage over 0°C to +70°C Junction Temperature Range
- 1% Reference Voltage from -40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
- Selectable Pulse-Skip Mode or Forced CCM Operation
- Excellent Load Regulation
- Output Voltage Tracking
- Output Voltage Discharge
- PGOOD Actively Clamped at a Low Level during Power Failure
- Programmable Soft-Start Time from 1.5ms
- Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Selectable Switching Frequency from 600kHz, 800kHz, and 1000kHz
- Non-Latch OCP, UVP, UVLO, Thermal Shutdown, and Latch-Off for OVP
- Output Adjustable from 0.9V to 90%*VIN, up to 6V Max
- Available in a QFN-21 (3mmx4mm) Package
EVQ8634B-LE-00A Evaluation Kit High-Efficiency, 16V, 20A, Synchronous Step-Down Converter Evaluation Board
The EVQ8634B-LE-00A is an evaluation board for the MPQ8634B, a high-efficiency, monolithic, synchronous step-down converter.
The evaluation board can deliver 20A of continuous load current over a wide operating input range. High efficiency can be achieved over a wide output current load range. The MPQ8634B adopts internally compensated constant-on-time (COT) control mode that provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
This evaluation board can be turned on or off via a remote on/off input (EN) that is referenced to ground. This input is compatible with popular logic devices.