The MP1499 is a high frequency synchronous rectified step-down switch mode converter with built in internal power MOSFETs. It offers a very compact solution to achieve 5A peak output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation. The MP1499 has synchronous mode operation for higher efficiency over output current load range. Current mode operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Full protection features include over current protection and thermal shut down. The MP1499 requires a minimum number of readily available standard external components and is available in a space saving 10-pin QFN (2x3mm) package.
- Wide 4.5V to 16V Operating Input Range
- 70mΩ/25mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Fixed 500kHz Switching Frequency
- Sync from 200kHz to 2MHz External Clock
- AAM Power Save Mode
- External Soft Start
- OCP Protection and Hiccup
- Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.8V
- Available in a QFN10 (2x3mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)500
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)16
- Iout (max) (A)5
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)9
- Max Duty Cycle (%)0.95
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.807
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.6
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)13
- Vout (min) (V)0.807
- PackageQFN-10 (2x3)
- Control ModeCurrent Mode
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesExternal Frequency Sync
Evaluation KitGET THIS KIT
The EV1499-D-00A demonstrates MPS’s MP1499, a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down converter with built-in high-side and low-side power MOSFETs. The MP1499 offers a very compact solution to achieve a 5A peak output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range. The MP1499 has synchronous mode operation for higher efficiency over the output current load range.
Current-mode operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
Protective features include over-current protection and thermal shutdown.
The MP1499 is available in a space saving 10-pin QFN (2×3mm) package.
$25.00 + tax