Full-Featured Flyback Regulator with integrated 700V MOSFET, up to 15W
The HF500-15 is a fixed-frequency, current-mode regulator with built-in slope compensation. It combines a 700V MOSFET and a full-featured controller into one chip for a low-power, offline, flyback, switch-mode power supply. At medium and heavy loads, the regulator works in a fixed frequency with frequency jittering, which helps to spread energy out in a conducted mode. During a light-load condition, the regulator freezes the peak current and reduces its switching frequency to fOSC(min) to offer excellent efficiency at light load. At very light loads, the regulator enters burst mode to achieve low standby power consumption. Full protection features include thermal shutdown, brown-in and brownout, VCC under-voltage lockout (UVLO), overload protection (OLP), short-circuit protection (SCP), input and output over-voltage protection (OVP), and over-temperature protection (OTP) The HF500-15 features timer-based fault detection and over-power compensation to ensure that the overload is independent of the input voltage. The HF500-15 is available in a SOIC8-7B package.
- 700V/4.5W Integrated MOSFET with high single pulse avalanche energy
- Fixed-Frequency Current-Mode-Control Operation with Built-In Slope Compensation
- Frequency Foldback Down to fOSC(min) at Light Load
- Burst Mode for Low Standby Power Consumption
- Frequency Jittering for a Reduced EMI Signature
- Over-Power Compensation
- Internal High-Voltage Current Source
- VCC Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO) with Hysteresis
- Programmable Input B/O and OVP
- Overload Protection (OLP) with a Programmable Delay
- Latch-Off Protection on TIMER
- Thermal Shutdown (Auto-Restart with Hysteresis)
- Short-Circuit Protection (SCP)
- Programmable Soft Start
- Vac (min) (V)85
- fsw (max) (kHz)25
- Vbr (V)700
- Vac (max) (V)305
- VCC (max) (V)30
- Typical Pmax (W)15
- Control MethodFixed Frequency
- Power Range DefinedNo
85VAC ~ 265VAC/50Hz/60Hz, 12V/1A Evaluation Board
The HF500-15 is a fixed-frequency, current-mode regulator with built-in slope compensation. The HF500-15 combines a 700V MOSFET of high-avalanche ruggedness and a full-featured controller into one chip to create a low-power, offline, flyback, switch-mode power supply.
The EVHF500-15-S-00A evaluation board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’s fixed switching frequency, multi-mode flyback regulator. It is designed for general-purpose offline power supplies.
The EVHF500-15-S-00A can meet EN55022 Class B conducted EMI requirements. It has multiple protection functions, including brown in/out, overload protection (OLP), over-voltage protection (OVP), short-circuit protection (SCP), cycle-by-cycle current limiting, and over-temperature protection (OTP).
The EVHF500-15-S-00A specification is listed in the table below.
￥3,183.60 + tax