2 A, 1- or 2- Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger in 3mm x 3mm Package
Session Titefor popup
The MP2615A is a high-efficiency, switch mode battery charger suitable for 1- or 2- cell lithium-ion or lithium-polymer applications. The MP2615A is capable of delivering 2 A of charge current programmable via an accurate sense resistor over the entire input range.
The MP2615A regulates the charge current and full battery voltage using two control loops to achieve high-accuracy constant current (CC) charge and constant voltage (CV) charge.
Constant-off-time (COT) control allows operation at up to 99% duty cycle when the battery voltage is close to the input voltage, ensuring the charge current always remains at a relatively high level.
The battery temperature and charging status are always monitored during each charging cycle. Two status monitor output pins are provided to indicate the battery charging status and input power status. Also, the MP2615A features internal reverse-blocking protection.
The MP2615A is available in a 3mm × 3mm 16-pin QFN package.
- もっと見る Show less
Log in to your account
- 4.75 V to 18 V Operating Input Voltage
- Up to 99% Duty Cycle Operation
- Up to 2 A Programmable Charging Current
- ±0.75% Full Battery Voltage Accuracy
- 4.2 V/Cell and 4.35 V/Cell Selection for Full Battery Voltage
- Fully Integrated Power Switches
- Internal Loop Compensation
- No External Reverse-Blocking Diode Required
- Preconditioning for Fully Depleted Battery
- Charging Operation Indicator
- Programmable Safety Timer
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
- Battery Temperature Monitor and Protection
EV2615A-Q-00A Evaluation Kit 2A, 1- or 2-Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger in a 3mmx3mm Package
The EV2615A-Q-00A is an evaluation board for the MP2615A, a switching charger for 1- or 2- cell Lithium-ion or Lithium-polymer batteries, packed with built-in power MOSFETs. It is able to achieve up to 2A of charge current, which can be programmed via an accurate current-sense resistor over the whole input range. The MP2615A regulates the charge current and full battery voltage using two control loops to realize high-accuracy constant current (CC) charge and constant voltage (CV) charge.
Thanks to the COT mode control, a 99% duty cycle can be achieved when the battery voltage is close to the input voltage to keep the charge current always at a relatively high level.
The battery temperature and charging status are always monitored for each condition. Two status monitor output pins are provided to indicate the battery charging status and input power status. The MP2615A also features internal reverse blocking protection.