36V, 5A, Four-Switch, Synchronous Buck-Boost Converter with I2C Interface AEC-Q100 Qualified
Session Titefor popup
The MPQ8875A is a 36V, monolithic, synchronous buck-boost DC/DC converter. The wide 2.2V to 36V input voltage range makes this device well-suited for multi-purpose automotive and industrial applications. The proprietary constant-on-time (COT) control, as well as the fully integrated, four-switch configuration, allow the chip to flexibly change the converter topology between buck, boost, and buck-boost mode. This optimizes performance and efficiency with input voltages that are above, below, or equal to the output voltage. It also ensures seamless transitions between the adjacent operational regions.
The MPQ8875A is controlled separately via a standard I2C interface. The various parameters can be adjusted by writing the settings to the device without any hardware changes required.
The switching frequency can be configured between 200kHz and 1MHz, or it can be synchronized between 250kHz and 1MHz via an external clock signal. In addition, the configurable frequency spread spectrum function can dither the switching frequency periodically for improved EMI performance.
Robust fault protections include input under-voltage lockout (UVLO), input over-voltage protection (OVP), cycle-by-cycle peak current limiting, output OVP, output short-circuit protection (SCP), and thermal shutdown. The built-in power good function can indicate whether the output voltage is regulated properly.
The MPQ8875A is available in a thermally enhanced QFN-34 (4mmx5mm) package.
- もっと見る Show less
Log in to your account
- 2.2V to 36V Wide Input Voltage Range
- Up to 5A Continuous Output Current
- <25μA Shutdown Current
- 180μA Quiescent Current when VIN = 12V
- Single-Channel, Four-Switch, Synchronous Buck-Boost Configuration:
- Internal 10mΩ Buck High-Side Power MOSFET
- Internal 25mΩ Buck Low-Side Synchronous Rectifier
- Internal 10mΩ Boost Low-Side Power MOSFET
- Internal 25mΩ Boost High-Side Synchronous Rectifier
- Proprietary Constant-On-Time (COT) Control for Seamless Transitions
- Internal Soft-Start
- Smart Power Good Output
- Easy-to-Optimize Efficiency and EMI Performance:
- Configurable 200kHz to 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Synchronizable Switching Frequency from 250kHz to 1MHz
- Switching Frequency Spread Spectrum
- Configurable Switching Speed
- Protection Features:
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limiting
- Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Configurable Input Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Input Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Output Short-Circuit Protection (SCP)
- Over-Temperature Shutdown
EVQ8875A-VE-00A Evaluation Kit 36V, 5A, Single-Channel, Quad-Switch, Synchronous, DC/DC Buck-Boost Converter Evaluation Board
The EVQ8875A-VE-00A is an evaluation board designed to demonstrate the capabilities of the MPQ8875A, a 36V, monolithic, synchronous DC/DC buck-boost converter. The device's wide 2.2V to 36V input voltage range is ideal for multi-purpose automotive and industrial applications. Constant-on-time (COT) control and the integrated quad-switch configuration allow the MPQ8875A to flexibly change between the buck, boost, and buck-boost topologies.
This optimizes performance and efficiency for input voltages above, below, or equal to the output voltage (VOUT). COT also ensures seamless transitions between the adjacent operational regions.
The MPQ8875A’s configurable parameters are set via the I2C interface and do not require any additional hardware changes.
The switching frequency (fSW) can be configured between 200kHz and 1MHz or synchronized between 250kHz and 1MHz via an external clock signal. To improve EMI performance, the configurable frequency spread spectrum function can dither fSW periodically.
Fault protections include input under-voltage lockout (UVLO), input over-voltage protection (OVP), cycle-by-cycle peak current limiting, output OVP, output short-circuit protection
(SCP), and thermal shutdown. The built-in power good (PG) indicator determines whether VOUT is regulated properly.
The EVQ8875A-VE-00A is a fully assembled and tested evaluation board.
Graphical User Interface (GUI) supported by MPS used to configure and monitor multiple MPS digital power solutions with an I2C Interface