- AC-DC Product Selector
Variable Off Time Flyback Controller
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
HFC0300 is a variable off-time controller that uses a fixed-peak–current technique to decrease its frequency as the load lightens. As a result, it offers excellent efficiency at light-load while optimizing the efficiency under other load conditions. When the frequency decreases to threshold, the peak current decreases with the decreasing load to prevent mechanical resonance in the transformer. The controller enters burst mode when the output power falls below a given level. The HFC0300 features various protections such as thermal shutdown, VCC under-voltage lockout, overload protection, short-circuit protection, and over-voltage protection. The HFC0300 is available in SOIC-7 package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Variable Off-Time, Current Mode Control
- Universal Main Supply Operation (85VAC to 265VAC)
- Frequency Foldback as Load Lightens
- Peak-Current Compression to Reduce Transformer Noise
- Active-Burst Mode for Low Standby Power Consumption
- Internal High-Voltage Current Source
- Internal 200ns Leading Edge Blanking
- Thermal Shutdown (Auto Restart with Hysteresis)
- VCC Under-Voltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Over-Voltage Protection on VCC Pin
- Timer-Based Overload Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Natural Spectrum Shaping for Improved EMI Performance
Active Part Numbers:
HFC0300HS-LF-P HFC0300HS-LF-Z HFC0300HS-LF
HFC0300 is a variable off time controller. Based on a fixed peak current technique, the controller decreases its frequency as the load becomes lighter. As a result, it offers excellent efficiency performance at light load while optimizing the efficiency in other load conditions.
When the frequency decreases to some level, peak current decreases with the decrease of the load to prevent transformer mechanical resonance. The controller enters burst mode when the output power falls below a given level.
The HFC0300 features various variable protections like Thermal Shutdown (TSD), VCC Under Voltage Lockout (UVLO), Over Load Protection (OLP), Short Circuit Protection (SCP), Over Voltage Protection (OVP).
The HFC0300 is available in the 8-pin SOIC8 package.