Digital, Multi-Phase PWM Controller with PMBus and PWM-VID
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2888A is a digital, multi-phase, pulse-width modulation (PWM) controller with digital PWM-VID interface compatible with NVIDIA’s Open VReg specification. The MP2888A can work with MPS’s Intelli-Phase products to complete the multi-phase voltage regulator (VR) solution with minimal external components. The MP2888A can be configured with up to 10-phase operation.
The MP2888A provides an on-chip EEPROM to store and restore device configurations. Device configurations and fault parameters can be easily programmed or monitored via the PMBus/I2C interface. The MP2888A can monitor and report the output current through the CS output from the Intelli-Phase products.
The MP2888A is based on a unique, digital, multi-phase, non-linear control and provides fast transient response to the load transient with minimal output capacitors. With only one power-loop control method for both steady state and load transient, the power loop compensation is very easy to configure.
The MP2888A is available in a QFN-40 (5mmx5mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Programmable Multi-Phase up to 10 Phases
- PWM-VID Interface Compatible with NVIDIA Open VReg Specification
- PMBus/I2C Compliant (1MHz Bus Speed)
- Pin Programmable for PMBus Address
- Built-In EEPROM to Store Custom Configurations
- Switching Frequency Range 200kHz to 5MHz
- Automatic Loop Compensation
- Fewer External Components than Conventional Analog Controller
- Best Transient Performance with Non-Linear Digital Control
- Flexible Phase Assignment
- Auto-Phase Shedding to Improve Overall Efficiency
- Phase-to-Phase Active Current Balancing with Programmable Offsets for Thermal Balance
- Output Voltage/Current, Input Voltage/ Power Monitoring
- Regulator Temperature Monitoring
- VIN UVLO, Output OVP/UVP, OCP, OTP with No Action, Latch, Retry, or Hiccup Mode Options
- Detecting for Intelli-Phase MOSFET Fault Type and Auto-Record to EEPROM
- Register Map Password Lock
- Digital Load-Line Regulation
- Available in an RoHS Compliant QFN-40 (5mmx5mm) Package
Active Part Numbers:
EVKT-USBI2C-02 Evaluation Kit Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 is included with product evaluation kits, or it can be purchased separately. EVKT-USBI2C-02 provides the communication interface for USB to I2C or USB to PMBus. It is designed to work with MPS I2C and PMBus products, and Virtual Bench Pro, and I2C GUI tools. USB driver will install automatically or download directly.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 kit includes:
- 1 USB to I2C communication device interface
- 1 USB cable
- 1 10-pin ribbon cable
- 1 3-pin ribbon cable
- Datasheet and driver files