- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
- Technical Forum
Digital, Multi-Phase PWM Controller with PMBus and PWM-VID
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2888A is a digital, multi-phase, pulse-width modulation (PWM) controller with digital PWM-VID interface compatible with NVIDIA’s Open VReg specification. The MP2888A can work with MPS’s Intelli-Phase products to complete the multi-phase voltage regulator (VR) solution with minimal external components. The MP2888A can be configured with up to 10-phase operation.
The MP2888A provides an on-chip EEPROM to store and restore device configurations. Device configurations and fault parameters can be easily programmed or monitored via the PMBus/I2C interface. The MP2888A can monitor and report the output current through the CS output from the Intelli-Phase products.
The MP2888A is based on a unique, digital, multi-phase, non-linear control and provides fast transient response to the load transient with minimal output capacitors. With only one power-loop control method for both steady state and load transient, the power loop compensation is very easy to configure.
The MP2888A is available in a QFN-40 (5mmx5mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Programmable Multi-Phase up to 10 Phases
- PWM-VID Interface Compatible with NVIDIA Open VReg Specification
- PMBus/I2C Compliant (1MHz Bus Speed)
- Pin Programmable for PMBus Address
- Built-In EEPROM to Store Custom Configurations
- Switching Frequency Range 200kHz to 5MHz
- Automatic Loop Compensation
- Fewer External Components than Conventional Analog Controller
- Best Transient Performance with Non-Linear Digital Control
- Flexible Phase Assignment
- Auto-Phase Shedding to Improve Overall Efficiency
- Phase-to-Phase Active Current Balancing with Programmable Offsets for Thermal Balance
- Output Voltage/Current, Input Voltage/ Power Monitoring
- Regulator Temperature Monitoring
- VIN UVLO, Output OVP/UVP, OCP, OTP with No Action, Latch, Retry, or Hiccup Mode Options
- Detecting for Intelli-Phase MOSFET Fault Type and Auto-Record to EEPROM
- Register Map Password Lock
- Digital Load-Line Regulation
- Available in an RoHS Compliant QFN-40 (5mmx5mm) Package
MP2888A/MP2965 Server Telecom Core Power Monitor Programming GUI Evaluation Kit This user-friendly GUI can be used to monitor and program many server and telecom digital products
Server Telecom Core Power Monitor Programming is a user-friendly GUI for customers to monitor and program the MPS digital chips.
Windows 7 or later
.Net Framework 4 or later
Minimum storage: 25MB
USB: At least one USB 2.0/3.0 port.
Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.