- Backlight Drivers (WLED)
8-Channel, Synchronous, Boost, WLED Driver with I2C Interface
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP3376A is a synchronous boost converter with eight current channels designed to drive WLED arrays for LCD panels in tablets and notebook backlighting applications.
The MP3376A uses peak-current-mode and pulse-width modulation (PWM) control to maintain boost converter regulation. The MP3376A employs a standard I2C digital interface to set the operation mode, switching frequency, full-scale current for each channel, sync or non-sync mode, dimming mode and duty, and various protection thresholds.
The MP3376A features high efficiency due to low-headroom voltage for LED regulation and a small on resistance of the switching MOSFET. The synchronous rectifier saves PCB size and total BOM cost.
The MP3376A is available in a QFN-24 (4mmx4mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 8 Channels with Max 50mA/Channel
- Synchronous Converter with LS-FET/HS-FET 160m/260mΩ On Resistance
- 3V to 30V Input Voltage Range
- Up to 37.5V Output Voltage
- 520mV LED Regulation Voltage at 20mA
- Max 2.5% Current Matching
- 350kHz / 500kHz / 650kHz / 800kHz / 950kHz / 1.2MHz / 1.8MHz / 2.4MHz Selectable Switching Frequency
- A0, A1 Pins for Four I2C Addresses
- 0mA to 50mA Full-Scale LED Current, 8-Bit, 0.196mA/Step
- Selectable Sync or Non-Sync Mode
- Multi-Dimming Operation Mode Including:
- Analog Dimming through External PWM Input, 10-Bit Resolution
- Analog Dimming through I2C Interface, 10-Bit Resolution
- Mixed Dimming Mode through External PWM Input with 6.25% / 12.5% / 25% / 50% Transfer Point
- Mixed Dimming Mode through I2C interface with 6.25% / 12.5% / 25% / 50% Transfer Point
- Customizable Default Register Values
- Linear Smooth Dimming with 2 / 4 / 8 / 16 / 32 / 64 / 128µs Step-Slope Set
- Unused LED String Auto-Disable during Start-Up
- LED Short/Open, OTP, OCP, Inductor or Diode Short Protection
- 2.5 / 5 / 7.5 / 10V LED Short Threshold
- 24 / 31 / 37.5V OVP Threshold
- 1.8 / 2.5A Current Limit
- Available in a QFN-24 (4mmx4mm) Package
Active Part Numbers:
EV3376-R-00A Evaluation Kit 8-Channel, Synchronous, Boost, WLED Driver with I²C Interface
The MP3376 is a synchronous boost converter with 8 current channels designed to drive WLED arrays for LCD-panel in tablet and notebook backlighting applications.
The MP3376 uses peak-current mode and PWM control to maintain boost converter regulation. The MP3376 employs a standard I2C digital interface to set operation mode, switching frequency, full-scale current for each channel, sync or non-sync mode, dimming mode and duty, and various protection thresholds.
MP3376 features high efficiency with small on resistance of switching MOSFET. In addition, the synchronous rectifier saves PCB size and total BOM cost.
The MP3376 is available in QFN24 (4mmX4mm) package.