Wide Input Range, 4.5A, I2C-Controlled SW Charger with NVDC Power Path and USB OTG and Enhanced ADC
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2733 is a 4.5A, highly-integrated switch-mode battery charger management device for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device works with narrow voltage DC (NVDC) system power path management and is well-suited for a variety of applications, including smartphones, tablets, wireless cameras, and other portable devices. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C interface allows the device to be flexibly controlled with configurable charging and system settings.
The MP2733 supports a wide range of input sources, including standard USB host ports and high-powered wall adapters with fast-charge capabilities. The MP2733 provides USB input type detection via the DP/DM pins.
The device supports USB On-the-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V on the input bus, with an output current limit up to 3A.
The MP2733 initiates and completes a charging cycle without software control. It automatically detects the battery voltage and charges the battery in different stages. Charging automatically terminates when a full charge is detected. When the charged battery drops below the recharge threshold, the charger automatically begins another charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations, including a charging safety timer, battery temperature monitoring, and over-voltage protection (OVP), and over-current protection (OCP). If a fault occurs, the charger asserts an INT signal to the host. The device provides BATTFET disable control to enter shipping mode, as well as system reset functionality via the DISC pin.
- 3.7V to 16V operating input voltage range for USB PD applications
- High efficiency: up to 92% charge efficiency with a 3A charge current
- USB Type-C source On-the-Go (OTG) mode with up to 3A for USB Type-C DRP operation
- Integrated analog-to-digital converter (ADC) for VIN, IIN, VBATT, VSYS, ICHG, and VNTC
- Fully integrated power MOSFETs and current sense
- I2C port for flexible system parameter setting and status reporting
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 3.7V to 16V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Up to 22V Sustainable Voltage
- High-Efficiency, 4.5A, 1.35MHz Buck Charger with Up to 92% Charge Efficiency with 3A Charge Current:
- Configurable D+/D- for Flexible Fast Charge Protocol Support
- USB OTG with 4.8V to 5.5V Adjustable Output: Up to 3A Output, Up to 93% Efficiency with 1.5A Output
- NVDC Power Path Management:
- Instant-On Works with No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery;
- Ideal Diode Operation in Battery Supplement Mode
- High Battery Discharge Efficiency with 14mΩ BATTFET Up to 8.5A
- I2C Interface for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting
- Fully Integrated MOSFETs, Current Sensing
- Dedicated DISC Pin to Control Shipping Mode and System Reset
- 13μA Low Battery Leakage Current in Shipping Mode
- Integrated ADC Monitors Input Voltage and Current, Battery Voltage, Charge Current, System Voltage, and Battery Temperature
- Charging Status Indicator
- Safety Features: Configurable JEITA for Battery Temp Protection in Charge Mode, Battery Charging Safety Timer, Thermal Regulation and Shutdown, Watchdog Monitoring I2C, and Input/System OVP
- Available in a QFN-26 (3.5mmx3.5mm) Package
Active Part Numbers:
MP2733GQC-xxxx-P MP2733GQC-xxxx-Z MP2733GQC-0001-P MP2733GQC-0001-Z
Part numbers ending in P and Z are the same parts. P and Z only indicates reel size.
Meaning of P & Z
EVKT-MP2733 Evaluation Kit The EVKT-MP2733 is an evaluation kit for the MP2733, a standalone switching charger with integrated USB detection and USB-OTG functionality.
The EVKT-MP2733 is an evaluation kit for the MP2733, a standalone switching charger with integrated USB detection and USB On-the-Go (OTG) functionality. Its layout accommodates most common
capacitors. The default function of this board is preset for charger mode, and the full-charge voltage is preset to 4.2V for a single-cell Li-ion battery.
Wide-Input, 4.5A, I2C-Controlled SW Charger with NVDC Power Path Management and USB OTG Evaluation Board
The MP2733 is highly customizable. Users can configure the MP2733 via the downloadable I2C GUI.
Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.