- Switching Chargers
3A, I2C-Controlled Switching Charger with NVDC Power Path, USB OTG, and Enhanced ADC
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2723A is a 3A, highly integrated, switch-mode battery charge management device for single-cell Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries. The device supports narrow-voltage DC (NVDC) power path management, and is suitable for a variety of applications, such as smartphones, tablets, wireless cameras, and other portable devices. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface allows the MP2723A to be flexibly controlled via the adjustable charging and system settings.
The device supports 5V input sources, including standard USB host ports, USB charging ports, and USB-compliant wall adapters. The device provides USB input type detection via the DP and DM pins. It supports USB On-the-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V on the input bus with an output current (IOUT) limit of up to 1.5A.
The MP2723A can initiate and complete charging cycles without software control. The device automatically detects the battery voltage and charges the battery in different stages. The charger automatically terminates once it detects that the battery is fully charged. If the battery drops below its recharge threshold, the charger initiates another charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations, including a charging safety timer, battery temperature monitoring, over-voltage protection (OVP), and over-current protection (OCP). If a fault occurs, the charger asserts INT to the host. The device provides disabled battery FET (BATFET) control to enter shipping mode, as well as system reset functions via the DISC pin.
The MP2723A is available in a QFN-26 (3.5mmx3.5mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 3.7V to 5.5V Operating Input Voltage (VIN) Range
- Up to 22V Sustainable Voltage
- 3A, 1.35MHz, High-Efficiency Buck Charger:
- Up to 92% Charge Efficiency at 3A Charge Current (ICHARGE)
- Auto-Detection for USB SDP, CDP, DCP, and Non-Standard Adapters
- USB OTG with 4.8V to 5.5V Adjustable Output Voltage (VOUT), Up to 93% Efficiency with Up to 1.5A VOUT
- NVDC Power Path Management:
- Instant-On Works with No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Ideal Diode Operation in Battery Supplement Mode
- High Battery Discharge Efficiency for Up to 8.5A with 14mΩ BATFET
- I2C Port for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting
- Fully Integrated Power MOSFETs and Current Sensing
- Dedicated DISC Pin for Shipping Mode and System Reset
- 13μA Low Battery Leakage Current in Shipping Mode
- Integrated ADC for Monitoring VIN, Input Current (IIN), ICHARGE, Battery Voltage (VBATT), System Voltage, and Battery Temperature
- Charging Status Indicator
- Safety Features:
- Configurable JEITA for Battery Temperature Protection
- Battery Charging Safety Timer
- Thermal Regulation
- Thermal Shutdown
- Watchdog Monitoring I2C Operation
- Input/System Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Available in a QFN-26 (3.5mmx3.5mm) Package
Active Part Numbers:
MP2723AGQC-xxxx-Z MP2723AGQC-xxxx-P MP2723AGQC-0000-Z MP2723AGQC-0000-P
EV2723A-QC-00A Evaluation Kit 5V, 3A, I2C-Controlled, Switching Charger with NVDC Power Path, USB OTG, and Enhanced ADC Evaluation Board
The EV2723A-QC-00A is an evaluation board designed to demonstrate the MP2723A, a 3A, highly integrated, switch-mode battery charger IC for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. The MP2723A supports narrow-voltage DC (NVDC) power path management, and is suitable for portable applications, such as tablets, mobile internet devices, and smartphones. The device’s low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface allows the MP2723A to be flexibly controlled via the adjustable charging and system settings.
The MP2723A supports 5V input sources, including standard USB host ports and wall adapters with fast charging capabilities. It also supports USB On-the-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V on the input bus with an output current (IOUT) limit of up to 1.5A. The MP2723A is available in a QFN-26 (3.5mmx3.5mm) package.
The EVKT-MP2723A is an evaluation kit for the MP2733, a 3A, I2C-controlled switching charger with NVDC power path, USB OTG, and enhanced ADC.