- Switching Chargers
I2C-Controlled, Single-Cell Switching Charger with Power-Path Management, Boost Output, and 3.5A Input Current Limit
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2696B is a highly integrated, flexible, switch-mode, battery-charging, power-path management device designed for a single-cell Li-ion and Li-polymer battery. This device can be used in a wide range of portable applications.
The MP2696B integrates three battery-charging phases: pre-charge, constant current charge, and constant voltage charge. This device also manages the input power source through input current limit regulation and minimum input voltage regulation.
The MP2696B can switch to boost mode to generate the system power output from the battery. The MP2696B has an integrated IN to SYS pass-through path to pass the input voltage to the system.
Using an I2C interface, the host can flexibly configure the charge and boost parameters. The device operating status can also be read in the registers.
Safety features include SYS short-circuit protection (SCP), input over-voltage protection (OVP), battery under-voltage protection (UVP), thermal shutdown, and JEITA battery temperature monitoring.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 4.0V to 11V Operating Voltage Range
- Up to 16V Sustainable Input Voltage
- 500mA to 3.6A Configurable Charge Current
- 3.6V to 4.45V Configurable Charge Regulation Voltage with ±0.5% Accuracy
- 500mA to 3.5A Configurable Input Current Limit with ±10% Accuracy
- Minimum Input Voltage Loop for Maximum Adapter Power Tracking
- Ultra-Low 25μA Battery Discharge Current in Idle Mode
- Boost Converter with Up to 4.0A of Output Current:
- Configurable Output Current Limit Loop
- Configurable Boost Output Voltage
- USB Output Cable Compensation
- Configurable Inductor Peak Current Limiting
- Comprehensive Safety Features:
- Fully Customizable JEITA Profile with Configurable Temperature Threshold
- Charge Safety Timer
- Input Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Thermal Shutdown
- SYS Over-Current (OC) and Short-Circuit Protection (SCP)
- Analog Voltage Output IB Pin for Battery Current Monitoring
- SYS Plug-In Detection
- SYS No Load Detection
- SYS DP/DM Interface for BC1.2 and Non-Standard Adapters
- Status and Fault Monitoring
- Available in a QFN-21 (3mmx3mm) Package
Active Part Numbers:
EVKT-MP2696B Evaluation Kit The EVKT-MP2696B is an evaluation kit for the MP2696B, a Single-Cell Switching Charger with Power-Path Management, Boost Output and 3.5A Input Current Limit
The EVKT-MP2696B is an evaluation kit for the MP2696B, a highly integrated, single-cell battery charger with a pass-through power path management function.
It is designed for use in lithium-ion or lithium-polymer battery charger applications. Its layout accommodates the most common capacitors. The default function of this board is preset for charge mode, and the full-charge voltage is preset to 4.2V for a single-cell lithium-ion battery.
Single-Cell Switch-Mode Charger with Power-Path Management Evaluation Board
The MP2696B is highly customizable. Users can configure the MP2696B via the downloadable I2C GUI.
Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.