- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
- Technical Forum
Fast Turn-Off Intelligent Rectifier with No Auxiliary Winding Requirement
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP6908L is a low-drop diode emulator IC. When combined with an external switch, the MP6908L can replace Schottky diodes in high-efficiency flyback converters. The MP6908L regulates the forward drop of an external synchronous rectifier (SR) MOSFET to about 40mV, then switches off once the voltage becomes negative.
The MP6908L can generate its own supply voltage for battery charging applications that can have low output voltage or short-circuit output conditions, as well as high-side SR configuration. Configurable ringing detection circuitry prevents the MP6908L from false turn-off after VDS oscillates in discontinuous conduction mode (DCM), or during quasi-resonant operation.
The MP6908L is available in a space-saving TSOT23-6 package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Wide Output Voltage Range Down to 0V, No Short-Circuit Current Flows through the Body Diode
- Auxiliary Winding for High-Side or Low-Side Rectification is Not Required
- Ringing Detection Prevents False Turn-On in DCM and Quasi-Resonant Operations
- Works with Standard and Logic-Level SR MOSFETs
- Compatible with Energy Star
- 30ns Fast Turn-Off and Turn-On Delay
- 100µA Quiescent Current
- Supports DCM, CCM, and Quasi-Resonant Operation
- Supports Both High-Side and Low-Side Rectification
- Available in a TSOT23-6 Package
EV6908-S-01A Evaluation Kit High Efficiency Synchronous Rectification EV Board
The MP6908 is a low-drop diode emulator IC that, when combined with an external switch, replaces Schottky diodes in high-efficiency flyback converters. The MP6908 regulates the forward drop of an external synchronous rectifier (SR) MOSFET to about 40mV, which switches off once the voltage becomes negative.
The MP6908 can generate its own supply voltage for battery charging applications with a low output voltage or high-side rectification applications. Programmable ringing detection circuitry prevents the MP6908 from turning on falsely during discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) and quasi-resonant operation.
EV6908-S-01A is the evaluation board for MP6908.