- Switching Chargers
Single Cell 3A Fast Charger with NVDC Power Path, OTG, and Integrated ADC
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2723 is a 3A, highly integrated, switch-mode battery charge management device for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device works with NVDC system power path management, and is suitable for a variety of applications including smartphones, tablets, wireless cameras, and other portable devices. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface allows the device to be flexibly controlled due to its charging and system settings.
The MP2723 supports 5V input sources, including standardUSBhost ports, USB charging ports, and USB-compliant wall adapters. The device provides USB input type detection via the DP/DM pins.
It supportsUSBOn-The-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V on the input bus with an output current limit up to 1.5A.
The MP2723 also initiates and completes a charging cycle without software control. It automatically detects battery voltage and charges the battery in different stages. The charger automatically terminates when it detects that the battery is fully charged. If the battery drops below its recharge threshold, the charger automatically starts another charging cycle.
The charger provides various safety features for battery charging and system operations, including a charging safety timer, battery temperature monitoring, and over-voltage and over-current protections. When any fault occurs, the charger asserts INT to host. The device provides BATFET disable control to enter shipping mode, as well as system reset functionality via the DISC pin.
The MP2723 is available in a QFN-26 (3.5mmx3.5mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 3.7V to 5.5V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Up to 22V Sustainable Voltage
- High-Efficiency, 3A, 1.35MHz Buck Charger
- Up to 92% Charge Efficiency at 3A Charge Current
- Auto-Detection for USB SDP, CDP, DCP, and Non-Standard AdaptersUSB OTG with 4.8V to 5.5V Adjustable Output: Up to 1.5A Output with Up to 93% Efficiency
- NVDC Power Path Management
- Instant On Works with No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Ideal Diode Operation in Battery Supplement Mode
- High Battery Discharge Efficiency with 14mΩ BATFET Up to 9A
- I2C Port for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting
- Fully Integrated Power MOSFETs and Current Sensing
- Dedicated DISC Pin to Control Ship Mode and System Reset
- 13µA Low Battery Leakage Current in Shipping Mode
- Integrated ADC for Monitoring Input Voltage, Input Current, Battery Voltage, Charge Current, System Voltage, and Battery Temperature
- Charging Status Indicator
- Safety Features Include Configurable JEITA for Battery Temperature Protection for Charge Mode, Battery Charging Safety Timer, Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown, Watchdog Monitoring I2C Operation, and Input/System Over-Voltage Protection
EVKT-MP2723 Evaluation Kit I2C-Controlled, 3A, Single-Cell USB/Adapter Charger with NVDC Power Path Management and USB OTG
The MP2723 is a 3A, I2C-controlled, highly integrated, switch-mode battery charger IC for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries. This device supports NVDC architecture with power path management, and is suitable for portable applications such as tablets, mobile internet devices, and smartphones. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces charge time, and extends battery life. The I2C serial interface with charging and system settings allows the device to be flexibly controlled.
The MP2723 supports 5V input sources, including standard USB host ports and wall adapters with fast charge capability. It supports USB On-the-Go (OTG) operation by supplying 5V with 1.5A.
Power path management regulates the system voltage slightly above the maximum voltage between the battery voltage and the I2C-programmable lowest voltage level (e.g. 3.6V). This allows the system to operate when the battery is completely depleted or removed. When the input source current or voltage limit is reached, power path management automatically reduces the charge current to meet the system power requirement’s priority. If the system current continues increasing even when the charge current reaches 0A, supplement mode allows the battery to power both the system and the input power supply at the same time.
3A, I2C-Controlled SW Charger with NVDC Power Path and USB OTG Evaluation Board
The MP2723 is highly customizable. Users can configure the MP2723 via the downloadable I2C GUI.
Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.