4.1V/Cell Switching Li-Ion Charger
The MP26101 is a monolithic switching charger for 1- or 2-cell Li-Ion battery packs. It has a built-in internal power MOSFET, and can output up to 2A of charge current with current mode control for fast loop response and easy compensation. The charge current can be programmed through an accurate sense resistor. MP26101 regulates the charge current and charge voltage using two control loops to realize high-accuracy for both constant-current charge and constant-voltage charge. Fault condition protection includes cyclebycycle current limiting and thermal shutdown. Other safety features include battery temperature monitoring, a charge status indicator, and a programmable timer to halt the charging cycle. The MP26101 requires a minimal number of readily-available external components. The MP26101 is available in 4mm×4mm 16-pin QFN package.
- Charges 1- or 2-cell Li-Ion battery packs
- 4.1V/Cell Charge Full Voltage
- 3.9V/Cell Auto-recharge Threshold
- Wide 5V to 24V Operating Input Range
- Up to 2A Programmable Charging Current
- ±0.75% VBATT Accuracy
- 0.2Ω Internal Power MOSFET
- Up to 90% Efficiency
- Fixed 1.1MHz Frequency
- Preconditioning for Fully-Depleted Batteries
- Charging Status Indicator
- Input Supply and Battery Fault Indicator
- Thermal Shutdown
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
- Battery Temperature Monitor and Protection
- Operating Vin (min) (V)3.4
- Operating Vin (max) (V)24
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)26
- Cells1, 2
- Vbatt (max) (V)8.2
- Vbatt (min) (V)4.1
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Icharge (max) (A)2
- Votg (max) (V)8.2
- fsw (kHz)1100
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- Special FeaturesBatt NTC Monitor
- PackageQFN-16 (4x4)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlYes
- Charge Status Yes
2A, 24V Input, 1.1 MHz Switching Li-Ion Battery Charger EV Board
The EV2610ER-00A is an evaluation board for the MP2610, a switching, high?performance 1~2 cell Li-Ion battery charger with built in internal power MOSFET.
MP2610 achieves up to 2A charge current over a wide input supply range. The charge current can be programmed by sensing the current through an accurate sense resistor.
MP2610 regulates the battery voltage and charge current using two control loops to realize high accuracy CC charge and CV charge.
Fault condition protection includes time out control, battery full terminated control, thermal protection, battery temperature monitoring and protection. The board also indicates AC adapter power good and charge status indications to the system.
$25.00 + tax