900V Fixed Frequency Offline Regulator with Input Under-Voltage Protection
The HF920A is a flyback regulator with a monolithic 900V MOSFET. The HF920A provides excellent power regulation in AC/DC applications that require high reliability, such as smart meters, large appliances, industrial controls, and products powered by poor AC grids. It requires a minimum number of external components.
The HF920A uses peak-current-mode control to provide excellent transient response and easy loop compensation. When the output power falls below a given level, the regulator enters burst mode. The IC consumption is specially optimized. As a result, the HF920A achieves very low power consumption in a standby condition.
The MPS proprietary 900V monolithic process enables an over-temperature protection that is on the same silicon of the 900V power MOSFET, offering the most precise thermal protection. It also offers a full suite of protection features, including VCC under-voltage lockout, overload protection, over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, and short-circuit protection.
The HF920A is designed to minimize electromagnetic interference for PowerLine Communication (PLC) in home and building automation applications. The operating frequency is programmed externally with a single resistor, so the power supply’s radiated energy can be designed to avoid interference to the PLC. In addition to the programmable frequency, the HF920A employs frequency jittering that greatly reduces the noise level and the cost of the EMI filter.
The HF920A is available in SOIC8-7A and SOIC14-11 packages.
- Monolithic 900V/15Ω MOSFET and High Voltage Current Source
- Fixed Switching Frequency, Programmable up to 150kHz
- Current-Mode Control Scheme
- Frequency Jittering
- Low Standby Power Consumption via Active Burst Mode.
- <30mW No-Load Consumption
- Internal Leading-Edge Blanking (LEB)
- Built-In Soft-Start (SS) Function
- Internal Slope Compensation
- Over Voltage and Under Voltage Protections programmable through the PRO Pin
- Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
- VCC Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO) with Hysteresis
- Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) on VCC
- Time-Based Overload Protection (OLP)
- Short-Circuit Protection (SCP)
- Vac (min) (V)85
- fsw (max) (kHz)150
- Vbr (V)900
- Vac (max) (V)420
- VCC (max) (V)30
- Typical Pmax (W)10
- PackageSOIC14-11, SOIC8-7
- Control MethodFixed Frequency
- Power Range DefinedNo