All-In-One, 3A, Battery Charger with 3A Boost Current with Independent Torch-On and BATT_UVLO Latch-Off Funtion
The MP2632B is a highly integrated, flexible, switch-mode battery charger with system power-path management designed for single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer batteries for use in a wide range of applications.
The MP2632B can operate in both charge mode and boost mode to allow for full-system and battery-power management.
The MP2632B has an integrated VIN-to-SYS pass-through path to pass the input voltage to the system. The pass-through path has built-in over-voltage (OVP) and over-current protection (OCP) and a higher priority over the charging path.
When the input power is present, the MP2632B operates in charge mode. The MP2632B detects the battery voltage automatically and charges the battery in three phases: trickle current, constant current, and constant voltage. Other features include charge termination and auto-recharge. The MP2632B also integrates both input current limit and input voltage regulation to manage the input power and prioritize the system load.
In the absence of an input source, the MP2632B switches to boost mode through PB to power SYS from the battery. In boost mode, the OLIM pin programs the output current limit, and the MP2632B turns off at light load automatically. The MP2632B also allows for output short-circuit protection (SCP) to disconnect the battery completely from the load in the event of a short-circuit fault. Normal operation resumes once the short-circuit fault is removed.
A 4-LED driver is integrated for voltage-based fuel gauge indication. Together with torch-light control, the MP2632B provides an all-in-one solution for power banks and similar applications without an external microcontroller.
The MP2632B is available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) package.
- Up to 20V Sustainable Input Voltage
- 4.65V to 6V OperatingInputVoltageRange
- Power Management Function, Integrated Input Current Limit, Input Voltage Regulation
- Up to 3A Programmable Charge Current
- Trickle-Charge Function
- Selectable 4.2V / 4.35V / 4.45V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- 4-LED Driver forBatteryFuel Gauge Indication
- Automatic Turn-Off at Light Load
- Input Source Detection
- Output Source Signaling
- Independent Torch-Light Control
- Negative Temperature Coefficient Pin (NTC) for Battery Temperature Monitoring
- Programmable Timer Back-Up Protection
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- InternalBatteryReverse Leakage Blocking
- Integrated Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) and Over-Current Protection (OCP) for Pass-Through Path
- Reverse Boost Operation Mode for System Power
- Up to 3.0A Programmable Output Current Limit for Boost Mode
- Integrated Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) and Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) for Boost Mode
- Available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) Package
- Operating Vin (min) (V)3.45
- Operating Vin (max) (V)5.75
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)20
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.45
- Vbatt (min) (V)4.2
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Iotg (A)3
- Iin (max) (A)3
- Icharge (max) (A)3
- Votg (max) (V)5.1
- fsw (kHz)600
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- Special FeaturesBattery OCP, Battery UVP, Batt NTC Monitor, Input Bypass Power Path, Input Current Regulation, Input Voltage Regulation, LED Fuel Gauge, Power Bank Output Mode, Thermal Regulation, USB BC1.2 Detection, USB Compatible, USB OTG (Boost Mode)
- PackageQFN-26 (4x4)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlNo
- Charge Status Yes
Evaluation Board of All-in-one 3A Battery Charge and 3A Boost Discharge
The EV2632-R-01A is the evaluation board designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MP2632, a highly-integrated, flexible switch-mode battery charge management for a single-cell Li-ion and Li-Polymer battery used in a wide range of applications.
EV2632 uses two operating modes—charge mode and boost mode—to allow management of system and battery power based on the state of the input
When input power is present, the board charges a single-cell battery with a programmable charge current of up to 3A.
In the absence of an input source, the board switches to boost mode through the PB pin to power the SYS pins from the battery with a current of up to 3A.
The evaluation board provides 4-LED to achieve the voltage based fuel gauge indication and distinguish charge mode from boost mode.
To guarantee safe operation, the EV2632 has input-over-voltage protection, battery over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, battery-temperature monitoring, and a programmable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
$25.00 + tax