- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
- Technical Forum
- LED Driver
42V, 1.2A Buck-Boost or 3A Buck Synchronous LED Driver, AEC-Q100 Qualified
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MPQ7200 is a high-frequency, constant-current, buck-boost LED driver with integrated power MOSFETs. It offers a very compact solution to achieve up to 1.2A of continuous output current, with excellent load and line regulation across a wide input supply range. The MPQ7200 can also be configured for buck mode to provide up to 3A of constant load current.
Constant frequency hysteretic control provides extremely fast transient response without loop compensation. The switching frequency can be fixed up to 2.3MHz in buck mode to reduce the current ripple and improve EMI. It can also be configured to as low as 1.15MHz for optimized efficiency and thermal performance in buck-boost mode.
Full protection features include over-current protection (OCP), output over-voltage protection (OVP) and under-voltage protection (UVP), thermal derating (TD), and thermal shutdown (TSD). The fault indicator outputs an active logic low signal if a fault condition occurs.
The MPQ7200 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard external components, and is available in a space-saving QFN-19 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Wide 6V to 42V Operating Input Voltage Range
- 44mΩ/40mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Operation
- Configurable 1.2A Buck-Boost Mode or 3A Buck Mode
- Configurable LED Current without Sensing Resistor
- Default 2.3MHz Switching Frequency for Buck Mode and 1.15MHz Switching Frequency for Buck-Boost Mode with Spread Spectrum
- PWM Dimming (Dimming Frequency from 100Hz to 2kHz)
- Internal 500Hz Two-Step Dimming with Configurable Duty Cycle
- Fault Indication for LED Short (to GND and Battery) or Open Fault, Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP), and Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Over-Current Protection (OCP) with Latch Functionality
- Configurable Thermal Derating via NTC Remote Temperature Sensing
- EMI Reduction Technique
- Available in a QFN-19 (3mmx4mm) Wettable Flank Package
- Available in AEC-Q100 Grade 1
EVQ7200-L-00A Evaluation Kit 42V, 3A Synchronous, Buck Mode LED Driver Evaluation Board
The EVQ7200-L-00A is an evaluation board for the MPQ7200-AEC1, a high-frequency, constant-current LED driver with integrated power MOSFETs. It offers a compact solution to achieve 3A of continuous output current, with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
Constant frequency hysteretic control mode provides fast transient response without loop compensation. In buck mode, the MPQ7200-AEC1’s switching frequency (up to 2.3MHz) reduces ripple current and electromagnetic interference (EMI).
The MPQ7200-AEC1 is available in a QFN-19 (3mmx4mm) wettable flank package and is AEC-Q100 Grade 1 qualified.
The EVQ7200-L-00A is a fully assembled and tested buck mode LED driver evaluation board. It generates an LED current up to 3A from a 6V to 42V input range.