2A, Synchronous, Step-Down Module Evaluation Board
The EVM3822C-RH-00A is an evaluation board for the MPM3822C, which is a monolithic step-down module converter with built-in power MOSFETs and inductor. The DC/DC module achieves 2A of continuous output current from a 2.7V to 6V input voltage, with excellent load and line regulation. The MPM3822C works into the forced continuous current mode, and has >10mV voltage ripple with one output capacitor, making it suitable for optical module, FGPA, ASIC, and other applications requiring low ripple noise. The output voltage is regulated as low as 0.6V. Only FB resistors and input and output capacitors are needed to compete the design.
The constant-on-time control (COT) scheme provides fast transient repsponse and easy loop stabilization. Fault condition protection includes cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown. The MPM3822C is available in a small, surface-mounted QFN-18 (2.5mmx3.5mmx1.6mm) package.
- Wide 2.7V to 6V Operating Input Range
- Adjustable Output from 0.6V
- Low Radiated Emission (EMI) Compiles with EN55022 Class B Standards
- Up to 2A fo Contionous Output Current
- 100% Duty Cycle In Dropout Mode
- Forced Continuous Current Mode
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection with Hiccup Mode
- Only Four External Components Required
- Avaiable in a QFN-18 (2.5mmx3.5mmx1.6mm) Package