The EV4034-S-00B Evaluation Board demonstrates the capabilities of the MP4034: a primary-side-controlled, offline, LED lighting controller that eliminates secondary feedback components.
The EV4034-S-00B typically drives a 3.5W LED string with a 10VTYP, 350mA LED load from 85VAC to 265VAC at 50Hz.
The EV4034-S-00B has excellent efficiency and meets IEC61547 surge immunity and EN55015-conducted EMI requirements. It has multiple protections, including open-circuit protection, short-circuit protection, a cycle-by-cycle current limit, and over-temperature protection.
- Primary-Side Control without Opto-Coupler and Secondary Feedback Circuit
- Precise Constant Current (CC)
- Integrated 700V MOSFET with Minimal External Components
- Variable, Off-Time, Peak-Current Control
- 600µA High-Voltage Current Source
- Up to 3.5W Output Power
- Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
- Open-Loop Protection (OLP)
- Natural Frequency Dithering for Improved EMI Signature
- Low Cost and Simple External Circuit
- Fits GU10 LED
Primary-side regulator with accurate CC control for LED driver
The MP4034 is an offline regulator that provides accurate constant-current regulation. The LED driver circuit design is simplified by removing the optocoupler and the secondary feedback components. The MP4034 has an integrated 700V MOSFET. Its variable off-time control allows a flyback converter to operate in discontinuous conduction mode (DCM). The MP4034 also features complete protection functions such as VCC under-voltage lockout, over-voltage protection, over-temperature protection, and open-loop protection. The MP4034's variable switching frequency provides natural spectrum shaping to smooth the EMI signature, which can reduce the EMI filters size and cost.