Bidirectional PD Application with Fully Integrated Buck-Boost Charger for 1-Cell to 4-Cell In Series Solution Module
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MEZS7-1S-4SPDCharger is a solution module for PD applications with the MP2760 and CCG3PA, supporting PD3.0 and BC1.2 protocols. The MP2760 is a buck-boost charger designed for battery packs with 1 cell to 4 cells in series. The device supplies a wide 3V to 21V voltage range at the IN pin in source mode. It is compliant with USB PD specifications. The CCG3PA is a Cypress PD controller that handles the PD protocol.
The board contains a DRP Type-C port. When an adapter is inserted, the port acts as a UFP to charge the battery with a maximum 5A charge current. When a load is inserted, the port acts as a DFP to power the USB from the battery.
The board supports narrow-voltage DC (NVDC) power path management, which makes this board well-suited for different portable applications, such as tablets, MIDs, and smartphones. Its low-impedance power path optimizes efficiency, reduces battery charging time, and extends battery life.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Buck-Boost Charger for 1-Cell to 4-Cell Series Battery Packs
- 4V to 22V Input Voltage (VIN)
- Up to 26V Sustainable Voltage (Up to 28V with External MOSFET)
- High-Efficiency, 6A, 600kHz Charger
- Supports USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1, USB 3.2, Type-C, and USB PD 3.0
- 3V to 21V Source Mode Output Compatible with USB PD 3.0 from the Battery
- Up to 12.75A Battery Discharge Current
- Narrow-Voltage DC (NVDC) Power Path Management Instant On Works with No Battery or Deeply Discharged Battery
- Ideal Diode Operation in Battery Supplement Mode
- I2C Port for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting
- High Accuracy:
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Regulation
- ±5% Charge Current Regulation
- ±3% Output Regulation in Boost Mode
- Configurable JEITA for Battery Temperature Protection
- Battery Charging Safety Timer
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- Input/System/Battery Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Charge Mode System Short-Circuit Protection (SCP)
- Source Mode Output SCP
- Supports Temperature Protection on the Battery Side
- Charge Operation Indication
Active Part Numbers:
The MP2760 is a buck-boost charger for battery packs with 1 to 4 cells in series. It accepts a wide 4V to 22V input voltage (VIN) range to charge the battery. The battery voltage can be above or below VIN due to the buck-boost topology.
When the input is present, the MP2760 operates in charge mode. The device measures the battery voltage and charges the battery with four phases: constant current trickle charge, constant current pre-charge, constant current fast charge, and constant voltage charge. Additional features include charge termination and automatic recharge. The MP2760 integrates the input current (IIN) limit and VIN limit to avoid overloading the input power source. This is compliant with USB PD specifications.
The MP2760 provides narrow-voltage DC (NVDC) power path management. A battery FET (BATFET) controls an external N-channel MOSFET to regulate the system’s minimum voltage and provide a battery supplement function. The device can also supply a wide 3V to 21V voltage range at the IN pin when source mode is enabled. The MP2760 also has an output current (IOUT) limit up to 6A in source mode. These are compliant with USB PD specifications.
The charge and discharge parameters (e.g. IIN limit, VIN limit, charging current, battery full regulation voltage, output voltage (VOUT), and IOUT in source mode) can be configured via the I2C/SMBus interface. The MP2760 can also provide statuses and fault information through the I2C/SMBus registers.
To guarantee safe operation, the IC limits the die temperature to a configurable threshold. Other safety features include input over-voltage protection (OVP), battery OVP, system OVP, thermal shutdown, and a configurable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
The MP2760 is available in a TQFN-30 (4mmx5mm) package.