Ultra-Low 500nA Iq, Wide Input 2V-5.5V, 1A Step-Down Regulator with 1.2x1.6mm CSP Package
The MP28210 is a monolithic power-management unit containing 1A, high-efficiency, step-down, switching converter. The nanoamp quiescent current provides extremely high efficiency when the load current is down in the µA range. With minimum input voltage as low as 2V, the MP28210 allows the system to operate directly from the battery.
The constant-on-time control scheme provides fast transient response, high light-load efficiency, and requires minimal capacitance. The regulation can be made tight by integrating an error amplifier to correct the output voltage.
The CTRL pins control the on/off and output voltage selection functions.
Fault protection features include under-voltage lockout (UVLO), over-current protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP28210 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a small CSP-12 (1.2mmx1.6mm) package.
- Ultra-Low Iq: 500nA
- Wide 2.0V to 5.5V Operating Input Range
- 7 Selectable Output Voltages
- Up to 1A Output Current
- 1.5MHz Switching Frequency in Continuous Conduction Mode (CCM)
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- 0.25Ω and 0.25Ω Internal Power MOSFET Switches
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) with Hiccup Mode
- Available in a CSP-12 (1.2mmx1.6mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1500
- Vin (min) (V)2
- Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Iout (max) (A)1
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.5
- PackageCSP-12 (1.2x1.6)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesPower Good
- Special Features100% Duty Cycle, 7 Selectable Output Voltages, Ultra-Low Iq