- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
I2C-Controlled, Single-Cell Switching Charger with Power-Path Management and 3.6A Boost Output
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2696A is a highly integrated, flexible, switch-mode battery-charging, power-path management device designed for a single-cell Li-ion and Li-polymer battery to be used in a wide range of portable applications.
The MP2696A integrates three battery-charging phases: pre-charge, constant-current, and constant-voltage charge. This device also manages the input power source through input current limit regulation and minimum input voltage regulation.
The MP2696A can switch to boost mode to generate the system power output from the battery.
The MP2696A has an integrated IN to SYS pass-through path to pass the input voltage to the system.
Using an I2C interface, the host can flexibly program the charge and boost parameters. The device operating status can also be read in the registers.
Safety features include SYS short-circuit protection, input over-voltage protection, battery under-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, and JEITA battery temperature monitoring.
The MP2696A is available in a QFN-21 (3mmx3mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 4.0V to 11V Operation Voltage Range
- Up to 16V Sustainable Input Voltage
- 500mA to 3.6A Programmable Charge Current
- 3.6V to 4.45V Programmable Charge Regulation Voltage with ±0.5% Accuracy
- 100mA to 3A Programmable Input Current Limit with ±10% Accuracy
- Minimum Input Voltage Loop for Maximum Adapter Power Tracking
- Ultra-Low 25μA Battery Discharge Current in Idle Mode
- Boost Converter w/ Up to 3.6A Output Current:
- Programmable Output Current Limit Loop
- Programmable Boost Output Voltage
- USB Output Cable Compensation
- Programmable Inductor Peak Current Limiting
- Comprehensive Safety Features
- Fully-Customizable JEITA Profile with Programmable Temperature Threshold
- Charge Safety Timer
- Input Over-Voltage Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- SYS Over-Current and Short Protection
- Analog Voltage Output IB Pin for Battery Current Monitoring
- SYS Plug-In Detection
- SYS No Load Detection
- SYS DP/DM Interface for BC1.2 and Non-Standard Adapters
- Status and Fault Monitoring
- Available in a QFN-21 (3mmx3mm) Package
EVKT-MP2696A Evaluation Kit Evaluation kit for the MP2696A, a highly-integrated single-cell Li-Ion/Li-Polymer battery charger with pass-through power path management function.
The EVKT-MP2696A is an evaluation kit for the MP2696A. This board is designed for MP2696A which is a highly-integrated single-cell Li-Ion/Li-Polymer battery charger with pass-through power path management function. And layout accommodates most commonly used capacitors. The default function of this board is preset for charger mode and the charge full voltage is preset to 4.200V for 1 cell Li-Ion battery.
MP2696A Evaluation Board
MP2696A Reference Design Evaluation Board with MCU
Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.