- 9V to 40V Input Voltage Range
- 8-Channel LED strings with external current balance
- 1.2% Current Matching Accuracy Between Strings
- Programmable Switching Frequency
- External PWM Dimming
- Selectable Phase Shift Function at PWM DIM Mode
- Open/Short LED Protection
- Short Inductor/Diode Protection
- Programmable Over-voltage Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Fault Flag Output
- Extendable LED Channels with Share One Set of Power Stage
- TSSOP-28 and SOIC-28 Packages
- Ishutdown (µA)1
- Vin (min) (V)9
- Vin (max) (V)40
- fsw (min) (kHz)100
- Ichannel (max) (A)0.35
- LEDx ABS Voltage (V)55
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vfb (V)0.2
- PackageSOIC-28, TSSOP28
- Power MOSFETExternal
- Dimming (Output)P-Dim, A-Dim
- Iq (mA)5
- Typical LCD Screen SizesLarge (30"-45"), Large+ (>45")
- Other FeaturesCascade, Inductor Short Protection, Phase Shift PWM Dimming
Evaluation KitGET THIS KIT
The MP3373 is a step-up controller with 8-channel external current sources designed for driving the WLED arrays for large size LCD panel backlighting applications.
The MP3373 employs peak current mode, fixed frequency architecture to provide robust operation with 9V to 40V input supply. The switching frequency is programmable by an external frequency setting resistor.
The MP3373 integrates the constant current control circuit to regulate each LED string current to the programmed value set by an external resistor. And the current matching can achieve 1.2% regulation accuracy between strings. Its low 200mV regulation voltage on LED current sources reduces power loss and improves efficiency.
To reduce inrush current and the stress of components, MP3373 employs the phase shift PWM dimming mode which can be disabled by pulling PSEN pin to GND.
MP3373 also includes UVLO, LED short/open protection, inductor/diode short protection and thermal shut down protection. All fault status is indicated by fault flag signal.
The MP3373 is flexible for extending LED channels with two or three ICs in parallel with sharing one power stage. It is available in TSSOP28 and SOIC28 packages.
$100.00 + tax