5.5V, 1A, 2.6MHz, Synchronous, Step-Down Converter AEC-Q100 Qualified
The MPQ2171 is a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with integrated, internal, power MOSFETs. The MPQ2171 can achieve up to 1A of continuous output current from a 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V.
Constant-on-time (COT) control provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Full protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The MPQ2171 is ideal for a wide range of applications, including automotive infotainment, clusters, telematics, and portable instruments.
The MPQ2171 requires only a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a small TSOT23-8 package.
- Wide 2.5V to 5.5V Operating Input Range
- Output Voltage as Low as 0.6V
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- Up to 1A Output Current
- 90mΩ and 50mΩ Internal Power MOSFET Switches
- Default 2.6MHz Switching Frequency with 3.3V Input and 1.8V Output
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Auto-Discharge at Power-Off
- Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) with Hiccup Mode
- Stable with Low ESR Output Ceramic Capacitors
- Available in a TSOT23-8 Package
- Available in AEC-Q100 Grade 1
- fsw (max) (kHz)2600
- Vin (min) (V)2.5
- Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Iout (max) (A)1
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)520
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good
- Special Features100% Duty Cycle
1A, 5.5V, 2.6MHz Synchronous Step-Down Switcher Evaluation Board
The EV2171-J-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MP/MPQ2171, a low voltage high switching frequency step-down switcher with built in power MOSFETs. MP/MPQ2171 provides up to 1A highly efficient output with constant-on-time control for fast loop response.
MP/MPQ2171 is ideal for powering portable equipment that runs from a single cell Lithium-ion (Li+) Battery. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V.
High power efficiency over a wide load range is achieved by scaling down the switching frequency at light load to reduce the switching related loss by constant on time control. Short circuit and thermal shutdown provides reliable, fault-tolerant operation.
MP/MPQ2171 is available in TSOT23-8 package.
$50.00 + tax