Fully-Integrated 802.3af/at Compliant PoE PD Interface with High Efficiency Flyback/Forward Controller
The MP8009 is an integrated IEEE 802.3af/at PoE compliantPowered Device (PD) power supply converter. It includes PD interface and high efficiency flyback/forward controller.
The PD interface has all the functions of IEEE 802.3af/at, including detection, 1-event and 2-event classification, 120mA inrush current limit, 840mA operation current limit as well as 100V Hot-swap MOSFET.
The flyback/forward controller is specifically designed for both low cost, small size isolated solution with primary-side regulate (PSR) flyback application, and high efficiency secondary-side regulate (SSR) active-clamped forward application. It also can be used in SSR flyback topology.
The MP8009 can support a front-end solution for PoE-PD application with minimum external components. It is available in QFN-28 (4mmX5mm) package.
- Compatible with 802.3af/at Specifications
- 100V 0.48Ω PD Integrated Pass Switch
- 120mA PD Inrush Current
- 840mA PD Operation Current Limit
- Auxiliary Adaptor ORing Power Supply
- Support Flexible Topology Design
- ¡ Primary-Side Regulated (PSR) Flyback
- ¡ Secondary-Side Regulated (SSR) Flyback
- ¡ Secondary-Side Regulated (SSR) Active-Clamp Forward
- 2A GATE and 0.8A SYNC Drivers
- 160mV Switching Current Sense Limit
- Output Diode Compensation in PSR Mode
- 250kHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Hiccup Protection for OLP, SCP, OVP and Thermal Shutdown
- EMI Reduction with Frequency Dithering
- Available in QFN-28 (4mmx5mm) Package
- PoE Standards Supported802.3af/at
- PoE Ilimit (mA)840
- PoE Inrush Limit (mA)120
- Pass Switch Rds(on) (Ω)0.48
- PackageQFN-28 (4x5)
- Fault ResponseHiccup
- DC/DC TopologyFlyback
- DC/DC Controller or ConverterController
- Special FeaturesSupports Primary-Side Regulated Flyback without Opto-Coupler Feedback
- fsw (kHz)250