- Integrated BLDC Motor Drivers
35V, 3A, Three-Phase Power Stage
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP6540 and MP6540A are 3-phase, brushless DC motor drivers that integrate three half-bridges consisting of six N-channel power MOSFETs, pre-drivers, gate drive power supplies, and current sense amplifiers.
The MP6540 has enable and PWM inputs for each half-bridge. The MP6540A has separate high-side and low-side inputs; otherwise, both parts are identical. References to the MP6540 in this document also apply to the MP6540A unless otherwise noted.
The MP6540 can deliver up to 10A of peak current for one second and 3A continuously (depending on thermal and PCB conditions). The MP6540 uses an internal charge pump to generate the gate drive supply voltage for the high-side MOSFETs and a trickle charge circuit that maintains sufficient gate drive voltage to operate at 100% duty cycle.
Internal safety features include thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout (UVLO), and over-current protection (OCP).
The MP6540 is available in a QFN-26 (5.0mmx5.0mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 5.5V to 35V Operating Supply Voltage
- Three Integrated Half-Bridge Drivers
- 3A Output Current, 10A Peak Current
- MOSFET On Resistance: HS + LS 50mΩ
- MP6540: PWM and Enable Inputs
- MP6540A: HS and LS Inputs
- Internal Charge Pump Supports 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- Automatic Synchronous Rectification
- UVLO and Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Integrated Bidirectional Current Sense Amplifiers
- Available in an FCQFN-26 (5mmx5mm) Package
Active Part Numbers:
Part numbers ending in P and Z are the same parts. P and Z only indicates reel size.
Meaning of P & Z
EV6540-U-00A Evaluation Kit 5.5V to 35V, Three-Phase Brushless DC Motor Driver Evaluation Board
The EV6540-U-00A is an evaluation board for the MP6540, a three-phase BLDC motor driver.
It operates from a supply voltage of up to 35V. It integrates three half-bridges consisting of six N-channel power MOSFETs. The rotor position information is provided by the Hall sensors assembled in the motor, and the driving control signals are generated by the external controller, such as MCU, FPGA, etc.
5.5V to 35V, Three-Phase Brushless DC Motor Driver Evaluation Board