High-Efficiency Flyback/Forward Controller with Primary and Secondary-Side Regulation
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP6005 is a high-power, high-efficiency flyback and forward controller. It is specifically designed as a low-cost, small, isolated solution with primary-side regulation (PSR) for flyback application, and high-efficiency secondary-side regulation (SSR) for active-clamped forward application. The MP6005 can also be used in SSR for flyback topology.
In PSR mode, the MP6005 senses the third winding waveform on the primary side to regulate the output and save the optocoupler and TL431 feedback circuit from SSR application. Continuous conduction mode (CCM) provides high efficiency under heavy load conditions, while the output diode compensation function supports good output regulation even during primary-side regulation. In SSR mode, the SYNC driver provides high efficiency for active-clamped forward topology.
The MP6005 includes a 2A gate driver, frequency dithering, overload protection (OLP), and over-voltage protection (OVP).
The MP6005 is available in an MSOP10 package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Primary-Side Regulated Flyback without Optocoupler Feedback
- Synchronous Gate Driver (SYNC) Provides High Efficiency for Active-Clamped Forward Topology
- Wide 8V to 80V Input Voltage Range
- Internal Circuit Supply Compatible with 16V ExternalPower
- 2A GATE and 0.8A SYNC Drivers
- 160mV Switching Current-Sense (CS) Limit
- Output Diode Compensation in Primary-Side Regulation (PSR) Mode
- 250kHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Hiccup Protection, Overload Protection (OLP), Short-Circuit Protection (SCP), Over-Voltage Protection (OVP), and Thermal Shutdown
- Frequency Dithering to Reduce Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- Available in an MSOP10 Package
Active Part Numbers:
EV6005-K-00A Evaluation Kit High Efficiency Flyback/Forward Controller Primary-Side Regulate Fly-back EV Board
EV6005-K-00A Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capability of MP6005. The MP6005 is a high power, high efficiency flyback and forward controller. It is specifically designed for both low cost, small size isolated solution with primary-side regulate (PSR) flyback application, and high efficiency secondary-side regulate (SSR) active-clamped forward application. It also can be used in SSR flyback topology.
MP6005 senses the third winding waveform on primary side to regulate output in PSR mode, saves the traditional complex opto-isolator circuit. MP6005 can also be set as SSR mode, while the SYNC driver provides high efficiency solution for active-clamped forward topology.
The MP6005 also features with 2A GATE driver, frequency dithering, over load protection and over voltage protection.
The MP6005 is available in MSOP10 package.
High Efficiency Flyback/Forward Controller Secondary-Side Regulate Forward EV Board