3A, 5.5V, 1.2MHz, 40µA Iq, COT Synchronous Step-Down Switcher
The MP2143 is a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with internal power MOSFETs. It can achieve up to 3A continuous output current from a 2.5V–to-5.5V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V. Constant-on-time control provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Fault-condition protections include cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown. The MP2143 is available in small TSOT23-8 package and requires only a minimal number of readily-available standard external components. The MP2143 is ideal for a wide range of applications including high-performance DSPs, FPGAs, smartphones, portable instruments, and DVD drivers.
- Wide 2.5V-to-5.5V Operating Input Range
- Output Voltage as Low as 0.6V
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- Up to 3A Output Current
- Low IQ: 40µA
- 80mΩ and 40mΩ Internal Power MOSFET Switches
- Default 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- EN and Power-Good for Power Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
- Auto Discharge at Power Off
- Short-Circuit Protect with Hiccup Mode
- Stable with Low-ESR Output Ceramic Capacitors
- Available in a TSOT23-8 Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1200
- Vin (min) (V)2.5
- Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Iout (max) (A)3
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)4.8
- Max Duty Cycle (%)1
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.04
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)5
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special Features100% Duty Cycle, Soft Stop
3A, 5.5V, 1.2MHz, Synchronous, Step-Down Switcher Evaluation Board
The EV2143-J-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s the MP2143, a low-voltage, high switching frequency, step-down switcher with built-in power MOSFETs. The MP2143 provides up to 3A highly efficient output with constant-on-time control for fast loop response.
The MP2143 is ideal for powering portable equipment that runs from a single-cell Lithium-ion (Li+) Battery. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V.
High power efficiency over a wide load range is achieved by scaling down the switching frequency at light load to reduce the switching related loss by constant-on-time control. Short-circuit and thermal shutdown protections provide reliable, fault-tolerant operation.
The MP2143 is available in a TSOT23-8 package.
$25.00 + tax