5.5V, 2A, 2.6MHz, Synchronous, Step-Down Switcher
The MP2172 is a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with integrated, internal, power MOSFETs. The MP2172 can achieve up to 2A of continuous output current from a 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V.
Constant-on-time (COT) control provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Full protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The MP2172 is ideal for a wide range of applications, including automotive infotainment, clusters, telematics, and portable instruments.
The MP2172 requires only a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a small TSOT23-8 package.
- Wide 2.5V to 5.5V Operating Input Range
- Output Voltage as Low as 0.6V
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- Up to 2A Output Current
- 80mΩ and 45mΩ Internal Power MOSFET Switches
- Default 2.6MHz Switching Frequency with 3.3V Input and 1.8V Output
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Auto Discharge at Power-Off
- Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) with Hiccup Mode
- Stable with Low ESR Output Ceramic Capacitors
- Available in a TSOT23-8 Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)2600
- Vin (min) (V)2.5
- Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Iout (max) (A)2
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)520
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good
- Special Features100% Duty Cycle
2A, 5.5V, 2.6MHz Synchronous Step-Down Switcher Evaluation Board
The EV2172-J-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MP/MPQ2172, a low voltage high switching frequency step-down switcher with built in power MOSFETs. MP/MPQ2172 provides up to 2A highly efficient output with constant-on-time control for fast loop response.
MP/MPQ2172 is ideal for powering portable equipment that runs from a single cell Lithium-ion (Li+) Battery. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V.
High power efficiency over a wide load range is achieved by scaling down the switching frequency at light load to reduce the switching related loss by constant on time control. Short circuit and thermal shutdown provides reliable, fault-tolerant operation.
MP/MPQ2172 is available in TSOT23-8 package.
$50.00 + tax