16V, 8A DC/DC Power Module
The EVM3683-7-QN-01A Evaluation Board is
designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MPM3683-7. The MPM3683-7 is an easy-to-use fully integrated 7A step-down DC/DC power module. It integrates the DC/DC converter, power inductor, input/output capacitors and the necessary resistors/capacitors in a compact QFN 7mm X 7mm X 4mm package. MPM3683-7 can deliver 8A output current over a wide input supply voltage range with excellent load and line regulation.
The MPM3683-7 uses Constant-On-Time (COT) control to provide fast transient response and ease the loop stabilization.
The operating frequency is set easily to 600 kHz, 800 kHz, or 1000 kHz with the MODE configuration, allowing the MPM3683-7 frequency to remain constant regardless of the input/output voltages.
The MPM3683-7 has an internal about 1.67ms soft start (SS) timer. It can be increased with an extra SS capacitor between TRK/REF to RGND. An open drain power good signal indicates that the output voltage is within nominal voltage range.
The MPM3683-7 has fully integrated non-latched protection features include OCP, OVP, UVP, and OTP.
The MPM3683-7 is available in a space-saving QFN-32 (7mmx7mmx4mm) package.
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 2.7 V:
--2.7 V to 16 V with External 3.3 V Bias,
--4 V to 16 V with Internal Bias or External 3.3 V Bias
- Differential Output Voltage Remote Sense
- Programmable Accurate Current limit Level 7A Output Current
- Integrated Inductor
- Adaptive COT for Ultrafast Transient Response
- 1% Reference Voltage
- Selectable Pulse Skip or Forced CCM Operation
- Output Voltage Tracking
- Output Voltage Discharge
- Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Selectable Switching Frequency from 600kHz, 800 kHz, and 1000 kHz
- Non-Latch OCP, UVP, UVLO, Thermal Shutdown, and OVP.
- Output Adjustable from 0.6 V to up to 5.5 V Max.
- QFN-32 (7mm x 7mm x 4mm) package