The EV8869W-L-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MP8869W. MP8869W is a highly integrated and high frequency synchronous step-down switcher with I2C control interface. It is optimized to support up to 12A continuous/15A peak output current over an input supply range from 3V to 18V with excellent load and line regulation.
COT control operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. In I2C control loop, the output voltage level can be controlled, on-the fly through an I2C serial interface. Output voltage range can be adjusted from 0.6V to 1.55V in 7.5mV steps. Voltage scaling slew rate, enable and power saving mode are also selectable through the I2C interface. Full protection features include over voltage, over-current protection and thermal shut down.
The MP8869W is available in QFN-14(3mmx4mm) package.
- Wide 3V-to-18V Operating Input Range
- 12A Continuous/15A Peak Output Current
- 1% Internal Reference Accuracy
- I2C Programmable Output Range from 0.6V to 1.55V in 7.5mV Steps with Slew Rate Control
- 5% Accuracy Output Voltage and Output Current Read Back Via I2C
- Selectable PFM/PWM Mode and Adjustable Frequency & Current Limit Through I2C
- 4 Different I2C Address Selectable
- External Soft Start
- Open Drain Power Good Indication
- Output Over Voltage Protection
- Hiccup/Latch off OCP Protection
- QFN-14(3mmx4mm) Package
- IC Supported 1MP8869W
Monolithic ICGET THIS IC
The MP8869W is a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with I2C control interface. It offers a fully integrated solution to achieve a 12A continuous and 15A peak output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range. In the I2C control loop, the output voltage level can be controlled on-thefly through an I2C serial interface. The voltage range can be adjusted from 0.6V to 1.55V in 7.5mV steps. The voltage slew rate, frequency, current limit, hiccup/latch-off protection, enable, and power savings mode are also selectable through the I2C interface. COT control operation provides fast transient response. An open drain power good pin indicates that the output voltage is in the nominal range. Full protection features include over-voltage protection, over-current protection, and thermal shutdown. The MP8869W is available in a QFN-14(3mmx4mm) package.