High-Efficiency, 700kHz, 8A, 17V Step-Down Converter Evaluation Board
The EV8770-Q-00A Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MP8770, a fully-integrated high-frequency, synchronous rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with internal power MOSFETs. It offers a very compact solution to achieve a 8A continuous output current over a wide input range, with excellent load and line regulation. The MP8770 has synchronous-mode operation for higher efficiency over the output current-load range.
Constant On-Time control operation provides very fast transient response and easy loop design as well as very tight output regulation.
Full protection features include SCP, OCP, UVP, and thermal shutdown.
The MP8770 requires a minimal number of readily-available, standard, external components and is available in a space-saving QFN-16 (3mm?3mm) package.
- Wide 4.5V-to-17V Operating Input Range
- 22mΩ/10mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- 100µA Low IQ Current
- High-Efficiency Synchronous-Mode Operation
- Pre-biased Startup
- Fixed 700kHz Switching Frequency
- External Programmable Soft Startup Time
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Over-Current Protection and Hiccup
- Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.6V
- Available in a QFN-16 (3mmх3mm) package