High Efficiency Synchronous Rectification EV Board
The EV6906-S-00A is an evaluation board for the MP6906GS. It is configured to provide synchronous rectification solution for Flyback/LLC topology.
MP6906GS features a synchronous gate output which enables high efficiency rectification by relating the schottky rectifier with a low Ron MOSFET.
- Works with both Standard and Logic Level FETS
- Compatible with Energy Star, 1W Standby Requirements
- VDDRange From 4.2V to 35V
- Fast Turn-off Total Delay of 20ns
- Max400kHz Switching Frequency
- <150μA Quiescent Current atLightLoad Mode
- Supports CCM, DCM and Quasi-Resonant Topologies
- Supports High-side and Low-side Rectification
- Power Savings of Up to 1.5W in a Typical Notebook Adapter
- IC Supported 1MP6906
Monolithic ICGET THIS IC
The MP6906 is a low-drop diode emulator IC that combines an external switch to replace Schottky diodes in high-efficiency flyback converters. The chip regulates the forward drop of an external switch to about 30mV and switches it off as soon as the voltage becomes negative. The MP6906 provides a SYNC interface to receive an external signal to shut down the gate driver for reliable continuous conduction mode (CCM) operation. A programmable light-load sleep mode reduces the IC quiescent current to 150µA. Also, it has a low UVLO level for operation at a lower output without an additional winding. Rail-to-rail output provides higher driving voltage to the external MOSFET. The MP6906 is available in compact SOIC-8 and TSOT23-6 packages.