High-Efficiency, 6A, 6V, Synchronous Step-Down Converter Evaluation Board
The EV2176-L-00A is an evaluation board for the MP2176GL, a high-efficiency, monolithic, synchronous step-down converter. The evaluation board can deliver 6A of continuous load current from a 3V to 6V input with excellent load and line regulation. Constant-on-time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
The evaluation board can be turned on or shut down via a remote on/off input that is referenced to ground. This input is compatible with popular logic devices.
- Wide 3V to 6V Operating Input Range
- 6A Output Current
- 19.8mΩ/15.3mΩ Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Adaptive COT for Ultra-Fast Transient Response
- 1% Reference Voltage over -20°C to +85°C Junction Temperature Range
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 300kHz to 1MHz.
- Non-Latch OCP, Non-Latch OVP Protection, and Thermal Shutdown
- Available in a QFN (3mmx4mm) Package
6V, 6A, High-Efficiency, Synchronous Step-Down Converter
The MP2176 is a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with internal power MOSFETs that can achieve up to 6A of continuous output current from a 1.5V to 6V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.61V.
Constant-on-time (COT) control provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Fault condition protections include cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The operating frequency is programmed by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in VIN.
Full protection features, including over-current protection (OCP), short-circuit protection (SCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and over-temperature protection (OTP), are provided by internal comparators.
The MP2176 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) package.