2- Cell Li-ion or Li-polymer Switching Charger Compatible with 5V Input and Integrated Bidirectional Charge/Discharge
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP2639A is a highly integrated, flexible, switch-mode, battery-charging management device for 2-cell series Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries used in a wide range of portable applications.
The MP2639A is able to charge a 2-cell battery from a 5V adapter or USB input. The MP2639A can work in three modes: charge mode, discharge mode, and sleep mode.
In 2-cell applications, the 5V input charges the 2-cell battery via the MP2639A operating in step-up mode. When the 5V input is absent, the 2-cell battery voltage is discharged to the 5V output via the MP2639A working in step-down mode.
For the charging function, the MP2639A detects the battery voltage automatically and charges the battery in three phases: trickle current, constant current, and constant voltage. Other features include charge termination and auto-recharge.
To guarantee safe operation, the MP2639A limits the die temperature to a preset value of 120°C. Other safety features include input over-voltage protection (OVP), battery over-voltage protection (OVP), thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, and a programmable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
The MP2639A is available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) package.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 4.0V to 5.75V Input Voltage Range
- Charge 2-Cell Batteries with 5V Input
- USB-Compliant Charger
- Integrates Input Current-Based and Input Voltage-Based Power Management Functions
- Programmable Input Current and Input Voltage Limit
- Up to 2.5A Programmable Charge Current for 2-Cell Applications
- 8.4V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- Cell Balance with 200mA current
- Up to 5.0A Programmable Discharge Current
- Negative Temperature Coefficient Pin for Temperature Monitoring
- No Load Shutdown and Push Button Turn-On in Discharge Mode
- Programmable Timer Back-Up Protection
- Discharge Mode Load Trace Compensation
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- Internal Battery Reverse Leakage Blocking
- Integrated Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) for Both Charge and Discharge Mode
- Four LED Battery Level and Status Indicators
- Available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) Package
Active Part Numbers:
Part numbers ending in P and Z are the same parts. P and Z only indicates reel size.
Meaning of P & Z
EV2639A-R-00A Evaluation Kit Reference Design for MP2639A, 2- Cell Li-ion or Li-polymer Switching Charger with 5V input Integrated Bidirectional Charge/Discharge
The EV2639A-R-00A is the reference design board for MP2639A, a highly-integrated, flexible switch-mode battery charge management for 2-cell series Li-ion and Li-Polymer battery used in a wide range of applications.
The demo board uses two operating modes—charge mode and discharge mode—to allow management of system and battery power based on the state of the input.
When input power is present, the board charges a 2-cell series battery with 2.5A charge current.
In the absence of an input source, the board switches to discharge mode through the PB pinto power the system from the battery with 5A.
The evaluation board provides 4-LED drivers to achieve the voltage based fuel gauge indication and distinguish charge mode from discharge mode.
To guarantee safe operation, the EV2639A-R-00A has input-over-voltage protection, battery over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, battery-temperature monitoring, and a charge timer to prevent prolonged charging a dead battery.
Reference Design for MP2639A, 2- Cell Li-ion or Li-polymer Switching Charger with 5V input