2.7V-16V, 8A, Step-Down Power Module in QFN (7x7x4mm) Package
The MPM3683-7 is an easy-to-use, fully integrated, step-down, DC/DC power module with 8A of continuous current and 10A of peak current. The MPM3683-7 integrates a DC/DC converter, power inductor, and some basic passive components. The MPM3683-7 can deliver output current over a wide input voltage supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
The MPM3683-7 uses constant-on-time (COT) control to provide fast transient response and ease loop stabilization.
The operating frequency can be set to 600kHz, 800kHz, or 1000kHz easily with the MODE configuration, allowing the MPM3683-7 frequency to remain constant regardless of the input and output voltages.
The MPM3683-7 has an internal soft-start (SS) timer of about 1.6ms. This can be increased with an extra SS capacitor placed between TRK/REF and Vo Sense-. An open-drain power good signal indicates that the output voltage is within the nominal voltage range.
The MPM3683-7 has fully integrated, non-latched protection features including over-current protection (OCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and over-temperature protection (OTP).
The MPM3683-7 is available in a space-saving QFN-28 (7mmx7mmx4mm) package.
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 2.7V
- 2.7V to 16V with External 3.3V Bias
- 4V to 16V with Internal Bias or External 3.3V Bias
- Differential Output Voltage Remote Sense
- Low RDS(ON) Integrated Power MOSFETs
- Integrated Inductor
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Adaptive Constant-on-Time (COT) for Ultrafast Transient Response
- Stable with Zero-ESR Output Capacitor
- 0.5% Reference Voltage over 0°C to +70°C Junction Temperature Range
- 1% Reference Voltage from -40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
- Selectable Pulse Skip or Forced Continuous Conduction Mode (CCM) Operation
- Excellent Load Regulation
- Output Voltage Tracking
- Output Voltage Discharge
- PGOOD Active Clamped Low Level during Power Failure
- Programmable Soft-Start Time from 1.6ms
- Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Selectable Switching Frequency from 600kHz, 800kHz, and 1000kHz
- Non-Latch OCP, UVP, UVLO, Thermal Shutdown, and OVP
- Output Adjustable from 0.6V to up to 5.5V Max
- Available in a QFN-28 (7mmx7mmx4mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1150
- Vin (min) (V)2.7
- Vin (max) (V)16
- Iout (max) (A)10
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.65
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)5.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- EN ControlYes
- Special FeaturesAdjustable Switching Frequency, EMI Tested, PWM and PFM Selection
- PackageQFN-28 (7x7)
- Module Assembly Encapsulated
- Module TypeFixed
16V, 8A DC/DC Power Module
The EVM3683-7-QN-01A Evaluation Board is
designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MPM3683-7. The MPM3683-7 is an easy-to-use fully integrated 7A step-down DC/DC power module. It integrates the DC/DC converter, power inductor, input/output capacitors and the necessary resistors/capacitors in a compact QFN 7mm X 7mm X 4mm package. MPM3683-7 can deliver 8A output current over a wide input supply voltage range with excellent load and line regulation.
The MPM3683-7 uses Constant-On-Time (COT) control to provide fast transient response and ease the loop stabilization.
The operating frequency is set easily to 600 kHz, 800 kHz, or 1000 kHz with the MODE configuration, allowing the MPM3683-7 frequency to remain constant regardless of the input/output voltages.
The MPM3683-7 has an internal about 1.67ms soft start (SS) timer. It can be increased with an extra SS capacitor between TRK/REF to RGND. An open drain power good signal indicates that the output voltage is within nominal voltage range.
The MPM3683-7 has fully integrated non-latched protection features include OCP, OVP, UVP, and OTP.
The MPM3683-7 is available in a space-saving QFN-32 (7mmx7mmx4mm) package.
$25.00 + tax