High-Efficiency, 6A, 18V, Synchronous Step-Down Converter
The MP8760D is a fully integrated high frequency synchronous rectified step-down switch mode converter. It offers a very compact solution to achieve 6A output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation. The MP8760D operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range.
The MP8760D uses Constant-On-Time (COT) control mode to provide fast transient response and ease loop stabilization.
An external resistor programs the operating frequency from 200kHz to 1MHz and the frequency keeps nearly constant as input supply varies with the feedforward compensation.
The default under voltage lockout threshold is internally set at less than 4.1V, but a resistor network on the enable pin can increase this threshold. An open drain power good signal indicates that the output is within nominal voltage range.
The MP8760D employs a programmable soft start and shut-down scheme. With the soft shut-down feature, it discharges the output voltage smoothly when the enable signal is deserted.
It has fully integrated protection features that include over-current protection, over-voltage protection and thermal shutdown.
The MP8760D requires a minimal number of readily available standard external components and is available in a 3mm×4mm package.
- 2.5V to 18V Operating Input Range with External 5V Bias
- 4.5V to 18V Operating Input Range with Internal Bias
- 6A Output Current
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Adaptive COT for Ultrafast Transient Response
- 1.5% Reference Voltage Over -40C to 125C Junction Temperature Range
- Programmable Soft Start and Shut-down Time
- Pre-Bias Start up
- Output Discharge after EN Shut down
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 200kHz to 1MHz
- Non-latch OCP, OVP and Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.611V to 13V
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)18
- Iout (max) (A)6
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)7.5
- Vfb (V)0.61
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.86
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)13
- Vout (min) (V)0.611
- PackageQFN-16 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency, Soft Stop
High Efficiency, 6A, 18V Synchronous, Step-Down Converter Evaluation Board
The EV8760D-L-00A is an evaluation board for the MP8760DGL, a high-efficiency, monolithic, synchronous, step-down converter with output discharge function.
The EV board can deliver a continuous 6A load current over an 8V-to-18V operating input range. The EV board can achieve high efficiency over a wide output current load range.
Constant-On-Time (COT) control provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
This EV board can be turned on or shut down via a remote ON/OFF input that is referenced to ground. This input is compatible with popular logic devices.
$25.00 + tax