- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
- Technical Forum
- Stepper Motor Drivers
2.5A Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver with Internal Current Sense
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
The MP6500 is a stepper motor driver with a built-in translator and current regulation. Current sensing is internal, requiring no external sense resistors. High integration and a small QFN package make the MP6500 a space-saving and cost-effective solution for bipolar stepper motor drives.
The MP6500 operates from a supply voltage of up to 35V and can deliver motor current up to 2.5A, depending on the package and thermal conditions. The MP6500 can operate a bipolar stepper motor in full-, half-, quarter-, or eighth-step modes. Internal safety features include over-current protection (OCP), input over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage lockout (UVLO), and thermal shutdown.
The MP6500 is available in QFN-24 (5mmx5mm) and TSSOP-28 EP packages.
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- Wide 4.5V to 35V Input Voltage Range
- Two Internal Full-Bridge Drivers
- Internal Current Sensing and Regulation
- Low On Resistance (HS: 170mΩ; LS: 150mΩ)
- No Control Power Supply Required
- Simple Logic Interface
- 3.3V and 5V Compatible Logic Supply
- Step Modes from Full-Step to ⅛-Step
- 2.5A Output Current
- Automatic Current Decay
- Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Input Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) Function
- Thermal Shutdown and Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO) Protection
- Fault Indication Output
- Space-Saving QFN-24 (5mmx5mm) and Thermally Enhanced 24-Pin TSSOP Packages
EV6500-U-00A Evaluation Kit 2.5A, 35V, Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver Evaluation Board
The EV6500-U-00A is an evaluation board for the MP6500GU, a stepper motor driver with a built-in microstepping translator.
The MP6500 operates from a supply voltage of up to 35V, and can deliver a motor current up to 2.5A. It can operate a bipolar stepper motor in full- half-, quarter-, and eighth-step modes by setting the MS2 and MS1. The input control signals for the MP6500 are applied through the connector, or generated on the board.
2.5A, 35V, Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver Evaluation Board