- Evaluation Tools
- Design Resources
- Technical Forum
- Backlight Drivers (WLED)
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
Session Titefor popup
- Show more Show less
Log in to your account
Create New Account
Features & Benefits
- 4-String, Max 400mA/String WLED Driver
- 4.5V to 33V Input Voltage Range
- 80V ABS Rating for Each String
- 2.3% Current Matching Accuracy between Each String
- Direct PWM Dimming Mode
- Analog Dimming Mode with PWM Input
- Cascading Capability with a Single Power Source
- LED Open and Short Protection
- Programmable Recoverable Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- 202mV Latch-Off Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit Threshold
- Latch-Off Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
- Short Inductor/Diode Protection
- Available in TSSOP-16EP and PDIP-16 Packages
EV3398E-U-00A Evaluation Kit 4-String, WLED Controller 80V Return Evaluation Board
The MP3398E is a step-up controller with four current channels designed to drive WLED arrays for large-size LCD panel backlighting applications. The MP3398E is able to expand the number of LED channels with two or more ICs in parallel sharing a single power source. It employs peak current mode with a fixed switching frequency. The frequency is programmable through an external setting resistor. The MP3398E drives an external MOSFET to boost up the output voltage from a 4.5V to 33V input supply, and regulates the current in each LED string to the value set by an external current-setting resistor.
The deviceapplies four internal current sources for current balancing. The current matching achieves 2.3% regulation accuracy between strings. The low-regulation voltage on the LED current sources reduces power loss. The MP3398E supports direct PWM dimming and analog dimming with PWM input.
Full protection features include over-current protection (OCP), over-temperature protection (OTP), under-voltage protection (UVP), over-voltage protection (OVP), LED short/open protection, and inductor/diode short protection.
The MP3398E is available in TSSOP-16EP and PDIP-16 packages.