6 Channels, Max.150mA/Ch Boost WLED Driver With 15000:1 Dim Ratio and I2C
The MP3367 is a step-up converter with 6-channel current sources. It is designed for driving the white LED arrays as backlighting of middle or small size LCD panel.
The MP3367 uses peak-current mode as its PWM control architecture to regulate the boost converter. 6 channel current sources are applied into the LED cathode to adjust the LED brightness. It regulates the current in each LED string to the value set by an external current-setting resistor, with 2.5% current regulation accuracy between strings.
MP3367 employs a low on-resistor MOSFET and a low headroom voltage design to get the higher efficiency. It has standard I2C digital interface for easy use. The switching frequency can be programmed by a resistor, I2C interface or external clock.
MP3367 provides analog/PWM/mix dimming mode with PWM input. Dimming mode can be selected by I2C interface or MIX/AD pin. It also has the phase shift function to eliminate the noise when PWM dimming.
Rich protections are designed to guarantee safety operation. The protection modes include OCP (over-current protection), OVP (over-voltage protection), OTP (over-temperature protection), LED short and open protection. Besides the LED current decreases automatically at higher temperature.
The MP3367 is available in QFN24-4mmX4mm and TSSOP28-EP package.
- 3.5V to 36V Input Voltage Range
- 6 Channels with Max. 150mA per Channel
- Internal 100mΩ, 50V MOSFET
- Programmable Up to 2.2MHz Fsw
- External Sync SW Function
- Multi-Dimming Operation Mode thru PWM input Including:
- Direct PWM Dimming
- Analog Dimming
- Mix Dimming with 25%/12.5% transfer point
- 15000:1 Dim Ratio in PWM Dim at Fpwm≤200Hz
- 200:1 Dim Ratio at Analog Dim thru PWM Dim Signal Input.
- Excellent EMI Performance, Frequency Spread Spectrum
- I2C Interface
- Phase Shift Function for PWM Dimming
- 2.5% Current Matching
- Cycle by Cycle Current Limit
- Disconnect Vout from Vin
- LED Current Auto Decrement at High Temperature
- LED Short/Open, OTP, OCP, Inductor Short Protection
- Programmable LED Short Threshold
- Programmable OVP Threshold
- Fault Indicator Signal Output
- QFN24-4mmX4mm and TSSOP28-EP Package
- Isw Limit (A)3
- Ishutdown (µA)1
- Vin (min) (V)3.5
- Vin (max) (V)36
- fsw (min) (kHz)200
- Ichannel (max) (A)0.15
- LEDx ABS Voltage (V)50
- fsw (max) (kHz)2200
- Vout (max) (V)45
- Vfb (V)0.4
- Rds(on) (mΩ)100
- PackageQFN-24 (4x4), TSSOP28 EP
- Power MOSFETIntegrated
- Dimming (Output)P-Dim, A-Dim, Mix-Dim
- Typical LCD Screen SizesSmall (<10"), Medium (10"-17")
- Other FeaturesHigh Dimming Ratio, I2C, Prog.LED Short Threshold, Prog.OVP Threshold
Communication Interface Device USB to I2C/PMBus, included with product evaluation kit or can be purchased separately.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 is included with the product evaluation kit, or it can be purchased separately. This communication interface provides the USB to I2C port as well as PMBus capabilities. It is designed to work with MPS I2C and PMBus products, and Virtual Bench Pro, and I2C GUI tools. Together with MPS Virtual Bench Pro and I2C GUI tools, it provides a quick and easy way to evaluate the performance of MPS digital products.
The EVKT-USBI2C-02 kit includes:
- 1 USB to I2C communication device interface
- 1 USB cable
- 1 10-pin ribbon cable
- 1 3-pin ribbon cable
- Thumbdrive with datasheet and driver files
$25.00 + tax