5.5V, 2A, Sync Step-Down Converter with 25μA IQ and Output Discharge in QFN Packages
The MP2152A is a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with built-in, internal power MOSFETs. The MP2152A achieves 2A of continuous output current from a 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V.
The constant-on-time (COT) control scheme provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Fault protections include cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The MP2152A is ideal for a wide range of applications including high performance DSPs, wireless power, portable and mobile devices, and other low-power systems.
The MP2152A requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in 1.2mmx1.6mm UTQFN packages.
- Low IQ: 25μA
- 1.1MHz Switching Frequency
- EN for Power Sequencing
- 1% FB Accuracy
- Wide 2.5V to 5.5V Operating Input Range
- Output Adjustable from 0.6V
- Up to 2A Output Current
- 75mΩ and 45mΩ Internal Power MOSFET Switches
- 100% Duty On
- Output Discharge
- VOUT Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) with Hiccup Mode
- Power Good Only for Fixed Output Version
- Available in UTQFN (1.2mmx1.6mm) Packages
- fsw (max) (kHz)1100
- Vin (min) (V)2.5
- Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Iout (max) (A)2
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.025
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good Only for Fixed Output Version, Synchronous Rectification
- Special Features100% Duty Cycle, Fixed Output, Output Discharge