5.5V, 2A, 2.6MHz, Synchronous, Step-Down Switcher
The MP2172 is a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with integrated, internal, power MOSFETs. The MP2172 can achieve up to 2A of continuous output current from a 2.5V to 5.5V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V.
Constant-on-time (COT) control provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Full protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The MP2172 is ideal for a wide range of applications, including automotive infotainment, clusters, telematics, and portable instruments.
The MP2172 requires only a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a small TSOT23-8 package.
- Wide 2.5V to 5.5V Operating Input Range
- Output Voltage as Low as 0.6V
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- Up to 2A Output Current
- 80mΩ and 45mΩ Internal Power MOSFET Switches
- Default 2.6MHz Switching Frequency with 3.3V Input and 1.8V Output
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Auto Discharge at Power-Off
- Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) with Hiccup Mode
- Stable with Low ESR Output Ceramic Capacitors
- Available in a TSOT23-8 Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)2600
- Vin (min) (V)2.5
- Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Iout (max) (A)2
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)520
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good
- Special Features100% Duty Cycle
2A, 5.5V, 2.6MHz, Synchronous Step-Down Switcher Evaluation Board
The EV2172-J-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MP/MPQ2172, a low-voltage, high switching frequency, step-down switcher with built-in power MOSFETs. The MP/MPQ2172 provides up to 2A of highly efficient output with constant-on-time control for fast loop response. The MP/MPQ2172 is ideal for powering portable equipment that runs from a single cell Lithium-ion (Li+) battery. The output voltage can be regulated to as low as 0.6V.
High power efficiency over a wide load range is achieved by scaling down the switching frequency at light load to reduce the switching-related loss by constant-on-time control. Short circuit and thermal shutdown provides reliable, fault-tolerant operation. The MP/MPQ2172 is available in a TSOT23-8 package.
￥5,432.50 + tax