16V, 6A, High Efficiency, Synchronous, Step-Down Converter with Adjustable Current Limit
The MPQ8623 is a fully integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, buck converter. The MPQ8623 offers a very compact solution that achieves up to 6A of output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range. The MPQ8623 operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range.
The MPQ8623 adopts an internally compensated constant-on-time (COT) control that provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
The operating frequency can be set to 600kHz, 1100kHz, or 2000kHz easily with MODE configuration, allowing the MPQ8623 frequency to remain constant regardless of the input and output voltages.
The output voltage start-up ramp is controlled by an internal 1.5ms timer, which can be increased by adding a capacitor on TRK/REF. An open-drain power good (PGOOD) signal indicates if the output is within its nominal voltage range. PGOOD is clamped to around 0.7V with an external pull-up voltage when the input supply fails to power the MPQ8623.
Full protection features include over-current protection (OCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and over-temperature protection (OTP).
The MPQ8623 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-14 (2mmx3mm) package.
- Wide Input Voltage Range
- 2.85V to 16V with External 3.3V VCC Bias
- 4V to 16V with Internal VCC Bias or External 3.3V VCC Bias
- 6A Output Current
- Programmable Accurate Current Limit Level
- Low RDS(ON) Integrated Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Adaptive Constant-On-Time (COT) for Ultrafast Transient Response
- Stable with Zero ESR Output Capacitor
- 0.5% Reference Voltage Over 0°C to +70°C Junction Temperature Range
- 1% Reference Voltage Over -40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
- Selectable Forced CCM or Pulse-Skip Operation
- Excellent Load Regulation
- Output Voltage Tracking
- Output Voltage Discharge
- PGOOD Active Clamped at Low Level during Power Failure
- Programmable Soft-Start Time from 1.5ms and Up
- Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Selectable Switching Frequency from 600kHz, 1100kHz, and 2000kHz
- Latch-Off for OCP, OVP, UVP, OTP, and UVLO
- Output Adjustable from 0.9V to 0.9 x VIN Up to 6V Max
- Available in a QFN-14 (2mmx3mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)2000
- Vin (min) (V)2.85
- Vin (max) (V)16
- Iout (max) (A)6
- Vfb (V)0.9
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.65
- PackageQFN-14 (2x3)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesOutput Discharge, Precision Reference Voltage, Programmable Current Limit, Programmable Frequency, Voltage Tracking
16V, 6A, High-Efficiency, Synchronous, Step-Down Converter Evaluation Board
The EVQ8623-D-00A is an evaluation board for the MPQ8623, a high-efficiency, monolithic, synchronous, step-down converter.
The EV board can deliver 6A of continuous load current over a wide operating input range. High efficiency can be achieved over a wide output current load range.
The MPQ8623 adopts an internally compensated constant-on-time (COT) control mode that provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
This EV board can be turned on or off via a remote on/off input (EN) that is referenced to ground. This input is compatible with popular logic devices.
￥2,716.25 + tax