18V, 4.5A, High-Efficiency Energy Storage and Hot-swap Management Unit for enterprise PCIe/SAS SSD Applications
MP5512 is a high-efficiency energy storage and management unit targeting solid-state and hard-disk drive applications. Its highly integrated input-current limit and energy storage and release management provide an efficient, compact system solution for SSD applications.
The internal input-current-limit block with dv/dt control prevents an inrush current during system start-up. The bus voltage start-up slew rate is programmable; it includes a power-on-reset function for hot-swapping. MPS’ patented energy-storage and release-management control circuit minimizes the storage capacitor requirement. It boosts the input voltage to a higher storage voltage and releases the energy over a hold-up time in case of an input outage. The storage voltage and the release voltage are both programmable for different system applications.
The MP5512 requires a minimal number of standard, external components and is available in a 28-pin QFN (4mm×5mm) package.
- Wide 4V-to-18V Operating Input Range
- Programmable Storage Voltage Up to 40V
- Programmable Input-Current Limit Up to 4.5A
- Input Reverse-Current Protection
- Adjustable dv/dt Slew Rate for Bus Voltage Start-up
- 14mΩ MOSFET for Input Hot-swap
- Internal 140mΩ and 110mΩ Power Switches for Energy-Storage and Release-Management Circuits
- VB Power-Good Indicator
- Input-Failure Indicator and Input-Early Warning for VIN Voltage
- ±3% Input-Current Limit at 2A
- 0.1uF Input capacitor for Hot-swap
- Thermal Protection
- Available in a QFN28 (4mm×5mm) Package
- Vfb (V)0.8
- Vin (min) (V)4
- Vin (max) (V)18
- Vs (max) (V)40
- Vbus (max) (V)18
- Iout (max) (A)3
- Irelease (A)3
- Icharge (A)0.96
- Iq (typ) (mA)1
- Regulated Outputs2
- fsw (max) (kHz)500
- Step-Down DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Down DC/DC Converter1
- Step-Up DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Up DC/DC Converter1
- Internal LDO0
- PackageQFN-28 (4x5)
- Step-Up Converter Current (A)up to 0.96
- Step-Down Converter Current (A)3.0
- Special FeaturesCurrent Monitoring, Input Early Warning for VIN, Input Failure Indicator, Inrush Current Limiting, Power-On Reset, Reverse-Current Protection
18V Energy Storage and Management Unit for SSD Application Evaluation Board
EV5512-V-00AEvaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MP5512. MP5512 is a peak power assist device intelligently designed for use in solid state drives and smart speakers.
MP5512 supports input hot-swap, input reverse current protection, input power failure indication and high efficient power backup. The built-in boost mode converter charges storage bulk capacitors to a programmed voltage while the system is powered up. For smart speakers, during peak power consumption, MP5512 supplies additional energy to the system to prevent browning out and system reset. For SSDs, in the case of input power failure, MP5512 transfers energy to support system data backup.
MP5512 is available in QFN28-4x5mm package.
￥2,653.00 + tax