Boost Charger with Cell Balance for 2-Cell Series Lithium-Ion Battery
Session Titefor popup
The MP2672 is a highly integrated, flexible switch-mode battery charger IC for a Lithium-ion battery with two cells in series, which is used in a wide range of portable applications.
When the input power supply is present, the MP2672 operates in boost mode to charge the battery with two cells in series. When charging is enabled, the MP2672 automatically detects the battery voltage and charges the battery in three phases: pre-charge, constant-current charge, and constant-voltage charge. Other features include charge termination and auto-recharge.
The MP2672 also has a narrow voltage DC (NVDC) power structure. When the battery is weak, the MP2672 regulates the system output at the minimum voltage level to power the system instantly and charge the battery via the battery FET simultaneously.
The MP2672 also has cell balance function. It monitors the voltage across each cell and equalizes cell voltages once the difference exceeds the mismatch threshold.
The MP2672 has two configuration modes: standalone mode and host control mode. In standalone mode, the charging parameters can be configured by the hardware pins. In host control mode, the charging parameter can be configured by the I2C registers.
The MP2672 has diversified and robust protections. It has a thermal regulation loop to decrease the charge current if the junction temperature exceeds the thermal loop threshold. It also has battery temperature protection compliant with JEITA standards. Other safety features include input over-voltage protection, battery over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, a watchdog timer, and a programmable back-up timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
- もっと見る Show less
Log in to your account
- 4.0V to 5.75V Input Operation Voltage
- Up to 14V Sustainable Voltage
- Up to 2A Programmable Charge Current for Battery with 2 Cells in Series
- Compatible with Host Control and Standalone Mode
- NVDC Power Path Management
- Programmable Input Voltage Limit
- Programmable Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- No External Sense Resistor Required
- Integrated Cell Balancing Circuit for Cell Mismatch
- Preconditioning for Fully Depleted Battery
- Flexible New Charging Cycle Initiation
- Charging Operation Indicator in Standalone Mode
- Missing Battery Detection
- I2C Port for Flexible System Parameter Setting and Status Reporting in Host Control Mode
- Negative Temperature Coefficient Pin for Temperature Monitoring Compliant with JEITA Standards
- Built-In Charging Protection and Programmable Safety Timer
- MOSFET Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- Available in a QFN-18 (2mmx3mm) Package
EVKT-MP2672 Evaluation Kit Charger Boost Charger with Cell Balance for 2-Cell in Series Lithium-Ion Battery
The EVKT-MP2672 is an evaluation kit for the MP2672. This board is designed for MP2672, which is controlled by the GUI to enable the charging and discharging of the 2-cell battery. Its layout accommodates most commonly used components. The default function of this board is preset for hostmode and the battery regulation voltage is preset to 8.4V for the 2-cell Li-Ion battery.
2-cell Boost Charger EV Board with 2A Charge Current and NVDC
The MP2672 is highly customizable. Users can configure the MP2672 via the downloadable I2C GUI.
通信インターフェースデバイスUSB to I2C / PMBusは、製品評価キットに含まれていますが、個別に購入することもできます。