1S Cell Li-ion or Li-polymer Switching Charger Compatible with Wide Input Range andIntegrated Programmable OTG
The MP2639B is a highly integrated, flexible switch-mode battery charging management device for a single-cell Li-ion and Li-Polymer battery used in a wide range of portable applications.
The MP2639B works in three modes: charge mode, discharge mode, and sleep mode. (See Table 1)
When the input power supply is available, the MP2639B operates as a switching charger to charge a 1S battery from a wide input power range of 5V to 16V, which can cover a USB PD voltage level. The MP2639B automatically detects the battery voltage and charges the battery in three phases: pre-charge, constant charge, and constant voltage charge. Other features include charge termination and auto-recharge.
When the input is absent, the MP2639B can provide a wide boost voltage to IN by adjusting the feedback voltage at FB. When working with the PD controller, the MP2639B can support a USB PD standard output voltage level.
To guarantee safe operation, the MP2639B limits the die temperature to a preset value of 120ºC. Other safety features include input over-voltage protection, battery over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, and a programmable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
- 4.5V to 16V Input Voltage Range
- Integrated Both Input-Current-Based and Input-Voltage-Based Power Management Functions
- Up to 5A Programmable Charge Current
- 4.35V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- Up to 3A Programmable Boost Output Current
- Up to 16V Programmable Boost Output Voltage
- Negative Temperature Coefficient Pin for Temperature Monitoring
- Programmable Timer Back-Up Protection
- Discharge Mode Load Trace Compensation
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- InternalBatteryReverse Leakage Blocking
- Integrated Short-Circuit Protection for Boost Mode
- 4 LEDsBatteryLevel and Status Indication
- 4mmx4mm QFN-26 Package
- Operating Vin (min) (V)4
- Operating Vin (max) (V)16
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)20
- Series Cells1
- Special FeaturesJEITA Batt NTC Monitor, LED Fuel Gauge, Thermal Regulation, USB Compatible, USB OTG (Boost Mode), VIN Regulation
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.35
- Vbatt (min) (V)4.35
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Iotg (A)3
- Iin (max) (A)3
- Icharge (max) (A)5
- Votg (max) (V)15
- fsw (kHz)1300
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- PackageQFN-26 (4x4)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlYes
- Charge Status Yes
Single-Cell Charger EV Board with 5A Charge Current, Wide Input & OTG
The EV2639B-R-00A is the reference design board for the MP2639B, a highly integrated, flexible, switch-mode battery charge management system for single-cell Li-ion and Li-Polymer batteries used in a wide range of applications.
The demo board shows two operating modes: charge mode and boost mode. When input power is present, the board charges a single-cell battery with a programmable charge current up to 5A. In the absence of an input source, the board switches to boost mode through the PB pin control to power the VH pin from the battery with a current up to 3A.
The evaluation board provides 4 LEDs to indicate the voltage-based fuel gauge and distinguish charge mode from boost mode.
To guarantee safe operation, the EV2639B-R-00A has input over-voltage protection, battery over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, and a programmable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
￥8,583.35 + tax