The MP26124 is a monolithic, DC/DC, step-down, switching charger for 4-series cell Li-ion battery packs. The MP26124 has an integrated high-side power MOSFET that can output a charge current up to 2A and also has peak-current-mode control for fast loop response and easy compensation.
The MP26124 uses a sense resistor to control a programmable charge current and regulates the charge current and charge voltage accurately using two control loops.
The MP26124 has multiple fault condition protections including cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown. Other safety features include battery temperature monitoring and protection, charge status indication, and a programmable timer to stop the charging cycle when the timer expires.
The MP26124 requires a minimal number of readily available external components and is available in a QFN-16 (4mmx4mm) package.
- Charge 4S Cell Li-Ion Battery Packs
- Up to 24V Operation Voltage
- Programmable Charging Current up to 2A
- ±0.75% VBATT Accuracy
- 0.2Ω Integrated Power MOSFET
- Up to 90% Efficiency
- Fixed 600kHz Frequency
- Preconditioning for Fully Depleted Batteries
- Charging Status Indicator
- Input Supply Fault Indicator
- Thermal Shutdown
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Battery Temperature Monitor and Protection
- Available in a QFN-16 (4mmx4mm) Package
- Operating Vin (min) (V)3.45
- Operating Vin (max) (V)24
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)28
- Series Cells4
- Special FeaturesBatt NTC Monitor
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.2
- Vbatt (min) (V)4.2
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- Icharge (max) (A)2
- fsw (kHz)600
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- PackageQFN-16 (4x4)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlYes
- Charge Status Yes