Single Cell Switching Charger with Separate Input for USB and AC Adapter
The MP2611 is a monolithic switching charger with built-in power MOSFETs for a single-cell Li-Ion battery pack. It achieves up to a 2A-charge current that can be programmed through an accurate sense resistor over the whole input range. It can operate from separate inputs for USB or AC adapter: For USB input, the input current limit can be programmed to 500mA and 900mA through the USBM pin to cover both USB2.0 and USB3.0 standards. The MP2611 regulates the charge current and battery voltage using two control loops to realize highly accurate constant-current charge and constant-voltage charge. A 100% duty cycle can be achieved when battery voltage is close to the input voltage due to the high-side P-Channel MOSFET. Battery charge temperature and charging status are always monitored for each condition. Two status-monitor output pins indicate the battery charging status and input status. The MP2611 also features internal reverse-blocking protection. The MP2611 is available in a 3mm x 4mm QFN14 package.
- 4.5V-to-6V Operating Input Voltage
- Up to 100% Duty Operation.
- Up to 2A Programmable Charge Current
- ±0.5% Battery Voltage Accuracy
- Separate Inputs for USB and AC Adapter
- Fully-Integrated Power Switches
- Programmable Input Current Limit for the USB Port
- No External Reverse Blocking Diode Required
- Charging Operation Indicators
- Programmable Safety Timer
- Thermal Shutdown
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
- Battery Temperature Monitor and Protection
- Operating Vin (min) (V)3.95
- Operating Vin (max) (V)6
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)7.5
- Series Cells1
- Special FeaturesBatt NTC Monitor, Dual Inputs, Input Current Regulation
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.34
- Vbatt (min) (V)4.2
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Icharge (max) (A)2
- fsw (kHz)1500
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- PackageQFN-14 (3x4)
- NTC MonitoringNo
- EN ControlNo
- Charge Status Yes
2A, 1-Cell Li-Ion Battery Switching Charger For USB and Adapter Power
The EV2611-L-00A is an evaluation board for MP2611, a 2A/1.5MHz 1-cell switching charger with dual inputs for USB and AC adapter.
For AC mode, MP2611 regulates the charge current and battery voltage using two control loops to realize high accuracy CC and CV charge. The charge current can be set by sensing the current through a sense resistor. And due to the integrated high-side P-MOSFET, 100% duty cycle can be achieved when battery voltage is close to input voltage.
For USB mode, the input current limit can be programmed to 450mA and 810mA via the USBM-pin to cover both the USB2.0 and USB3.0.
￥2,716.25 + tax