1.2A Peak, 6V, 3.5MHz, COT, Synchronous Step-down Converter with PG in 2x1.5mm QFN
The MP2160 is a monolithic step-down switch mode converter with built-in internal power MOSFETs. It achieves 1.2A peak continuous output current from a 2.7V to 6V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V. The Constant-On-Time control scheme provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Fault condition protection includes cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown. The MP2160 is available in the small QFN8 1.5x2.0mm package and requires a minimum number of readily available standard external components. The MP2160 is ideal for a wide range of applications including High Performance DSPs, FPGAs, PDAs, portable instruments and DVD drivers.
- Wide 2.7V to 6V Operating Input Range Output Adjustable from 0.6V
- Up to 1.2A Peak Output Current
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- Low IQ: 17μA
- 100mΩ and 60mΩ Internal Power MOSFET Switches
- Default 3.5MHz Switching Frequency
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
- Short Circuit Protect with Hiccup Mode
- Stable with Low ESR Output Ceramic Capacitors
- Available in a QFN8 1.5x2.0mm Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)3500
- Vin (min) (V)2.7
- Vin (max) (V)6
- Iout (max) (A)1.2
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)2.1
- Max Duty Cycle (%)1
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.017
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-8 (2.0x1.5)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good
- Special Features100% Duty Cycle
1.2A Peak, 6V, 3.5MHz Synchronous Step-Down Switcher Evaluation Board
The EV2160-QH-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MP2160, a low voltage high switching frequency step-down switcher with built in power MOSFETs. MP2160 provides up to 1.2A peak highly efficient output with constant-on-time control for fast loop response.
MP2160 is ideal for powering portable equipment that runs from a single cell Lithium-ion (Li+)Battery. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.6V.
High power efficiency over a wide load range is achieved by scaling down the switching frequency at light load to reduce the switching related loss by constant on time control. Short circuit and thermal shutdown provides reliable, fault-tolerant operation.
MP2160 is available in QFN8 2.0x1.5mm package.
￥2,653.00 + tax